Aston Gate Stadium is a sports stadium located in Bristol, England. It is primarily used as the home ground for Bristol City Football Club and Bristol Bears Rugby Club. The stadium was originally built in 1904 and has since undergone several renovations and expansions. The most recent renovation was completed in 2016, which increased the stadium’s capacity to approximately 27,000. In this article, visitors can find the Aston Gate Stadium Seating Plan along with the Aston Ticket price and booking procedure of Aston Gate.
In addition to hosting football and rugby matches, the stadium has also been used for other events such as concerts and conferences. The stadium has a number of amenities for fans, including restaurants, bars, and VIP boxes. Aston Gate Stadium is a modern and well-equipped sports venue that plays an important role in Bristol’s sporting and cultural life.
Aston Gate Stadium History
became known as the Bristol Rovers Stadium. The ground underwent significant renovations in the 1920s, including the construction of a new stand, which increased the stadium’s capacity to 20,000. In 1954, Bristol City Football Club became tenants of the stadium, and the ground was renamed Ashton Gate Stadium after the nearby street. In the following years, the stadium was further developed and expanded, with new stands being built in the 1970s and 1980s.
In 2014, plans were announced for a major renovation of the stadium, which included the construction of a new stand and an increase in capacity to approximately 27,000. The renovation was completed in 2016, and the stadium now boasts modern facilities and amenities. Over the years, Aston Gate Stadium has hosted numerous important sporting events, including football and rugby matches, as well as music concerts and other cultural events. It has become an important part of Bristol’s cultural and sporting landscape, and a source of pride for the local community.
Aston Gate Stadium Seating Plan 2023
Aston Gate Stadium has a seating capacity of approximately 27,000 and features four main stands. The Aston Gate Stadium seating chart details are given below :
- Dolman Stand: Located on the west side of the stadium, the Dolman Stand is the largest stand in the stadium and is often considered the main stand. It features both upper and lower tiers and offers views of the pitch from a great vantage point.
- South Stand: Located behind one of the goals, the South Stand is the most vocal and passionate stand in the stadium. It features a single tier of seating and is usually occupied by the home supporters.
- Atyeo Stand: Located on the east side of the stadium, the Atyeo Stand is named after Bristol City legend John Atyeo. It features both upper and lower tiers and offers views of the pitch from a great vantage point.
- Lansdown Stand: Located on the north side of the stadium, the Lansdown Stand features both upper and lower tiers and offers great views of the pitch. It is usually occupied by the away supporters.
In addition to these four main stands, the stadium also features a number of hospitality boxes and lounges, as well as a range of other amenities for fans, such as restaurants and bars. Overall, Aston Gate Stadium offers a modern and comfortable experience for fans and visitors.
Aston Gate Stadium Ticket Price List
The ticket prices for events at Aston Gate Stadium can vary depending on the event and seating location.The general idea of Aston Gate stadium ticket price based on previous seasons:
- Bristol City Football Club: Ticket prices for adults can range from around £25 to £45, while ticket prices for concessions (such as seniors and children) can range from around £10 to £25.
- Bristol Bears Rugby Club: Ticket prices for adults can range from around £15 to £45, while ticket prices for concessions can range from around £5 to £25.
It’s worth noting that ticket prices can also be affected by other factors such as the level of competition and the time of year. Additionally, some events may have premium seating options available, such as VIP boxes or hospitality packages, which can be significantly more expensive.
Overall, the cost of tickets at Aston Gate Stadium can be considered moderate to high, but the exact prices will depend on the event and seating location. It’s always best to check the official website of the relevant club or event for the most up-to-date ticket prices and availability.
Aston Gate Stadium Ticket Booking
Here are the general steps to Aston Gate ticket booking:
- Visit the official website of the relevant club or event to check the schedule of upcoming matches or events at the stadium.
- Select the match or event you wish to attend and check the available ticket options and prices.
- Choose the seating location and ticket type that suits your preferences and budget. Some events may offer different ticket categories, such as standard, premium, or hospitality, with different prices and benefits.
- Add the selected tickets to your online cart and proceed to the checkout page.
- Fill in your personal details, including your name, address, and contact information, and make sure to double-check all the information before submitting your order.
- Choose your preferred payment method and complete the transaction. Aston Gate Stadium accepts various payment options, such as credit and debit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers, depending on the event and the ticketing platform.
- Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket(s) and any other relevant information, such as the entry gate, the match or event details, and the stadium regulations.
It’s always advisable to book your tickets in advance to avoid any last-minute rush or disappointment, especially for popular events or high-demand matches. If you encounter any issues or have any queries regarding the ticket booking process, you can contact the ticketing office or the customer support team of the relevant club or event for assistance.
Aston Gate Stadium Parking Map
Aston Gate Stadium has limited on-site parking, so it’s advisable to plan your parking in advance if you’re driving to the stadium. Here are some parking options with Aston Gate Parking Layout available near the stadium:
- Stadium Parking: There is limited on-site parking at Aston Gate Stadium, which is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The parking area is located at the rear of the South Stand and can accommodate around 400 vehicles. However, this parking option can be quite expensive, especially for high-demand matches or events.
- Official Park & Ride: The stadium operates an official Park & Ride service on selected matchdays, which allows fans to park their cars at a designated site and take a shuttle bus to the stadium. The Park & Ride site is located at the Long Ashton Park & Ride, which is just off the A370 and has over 1,500 parking spaces. The shuttle bus service runs every 10-15 minutes before and after the match, and the journey takes around 10 minutes. The cost for this service is usually around £5 per car.
- Local Residential Parking: There are some residential streets near the stadium that offer free parking, but it’s important to check the local parking restrictions and be aware of any parking regulations or time limits. It’s also recommended to arrive early to secure a parking spot and avoid any congestion or traffic.
- Private Car Parks: There are several private car parks located near the stadium, which offer pre-booked or pay-on-the-day parking options. The prices and availability may vary depending on the event and the car park, so it’s advisable to check the official website or contact the car park operator for more information.
It’s always best to plan your parking in advance and allow plenty of time to get to the stadium, especially for high-demand matches or events. It’s also important to respect the local parking regulations and avoid causing any inconvenience to the local residents or businesses.
How to Reach Aston Gate Stadium
Aston Gate Stadium is located in the southwest of England, in the city of Bristol. Here are some of the ways to reach the stadium:
- By Car: Aston Gate Stadium is easily accessible by car, with the M5 motorway and the A4 Portway both providing direct routes to the stadium. There is limited on-site parking available, as mentioned earlier, so it’s advisable to plan your parking in advance or use alternative parking options.
- By Train: Bristol Temple Meads is the main train station in Bristol and is located around 2 miles from Aston Gate Stadium. Regular train services run to Bristol Temple Meads from London, Birmingham, and other major cities in the UK. From the station, you can take a taxi, or bus or walk to the stadium.
- By Bus: There are several bus routes that serve Aston Gate Stadium, with the nearest bus stop located on Winterstoke Road, just a few minutes walk from the stadium. Bus services operate from various parts of Bristol, including the city center and Bristol Temple Meads station.
- By Bicycle: Aston Gate Stadium is easily accessible by bicycle, with several cycle routes and paths connecting the stadium to the city center and surrounding areas. There are also bicycle racks located near the stadium entrances for secure bicycle parking.
- By Foot: For those who prefer to walk, it’s possible to reach Aston Gate Stadium on foot from the city center, although it can take around 30 minutes to walk. There are also several pedestrian paths and walkways that provide direct access to the stadium from nearby neighborhoods.
It’s always advisable to plan your journey in advance and check the relevant travel information and timetables, especially for public transport options. Additionally, it’s important to allow plenty of time to get to the stadium, especially for high-demand matches or events, to avoid any delays or congestion.
Aston Gate Stadium Facilities
Aston Gate Stadium is a modern and well-equipped sports facility that offers a range of amenities and services for spectators and visitors. Here are some of the main facilities available at the stadium:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of over 27,000, with four stands offering excellent views of the pitch. The seating is comfortable and spacious, with good legroom and access to food and drink concessions.
- Food and Drink: There are various food and drink concessions located throughout the stadium, offering a range of hot and cold food, snacks, and beverages. The options include burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, chips, pies, and hot and cold drinks.
- Hospitality: The stadium has a range of hospitality options, including private boxes, executive suites, and lounges, which offer premium seating, food, and beverage options, as well as dedicated host services.
- Retail: There is a club shop located at the stadium, which sells official merchandise and souvenirs of the teams that play at the stadium.
- Accessibility: The stadium is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities, with designated seating areas, wheelchair access, accessible toilets, and other facilities.
- Technology: The stadium is equipped with modern technology and facilities, including large video screens, high-speed Wi-Fi, and contactless payment systems.
- Parking: As mentioned earlier, there is limited on-site parking available at the stadium, as well as alternative parking options nearby.
- Events: In addition to sports events, Aston Gate Stadium hosts a range of other events, including music concerts, conferences, and exhibitions, with flexible event spaces and services available.
Overall, Aston Gate Stadium offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all visitors, whether you’re attending a sports event or another type of event.