Allianz Riviera is a modern, multi-purpose stadium located in the French city of Nice. It was designed by the famous architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte and opened in 2013, replacing the old Stade Municipal du Ray as the home of OGC Nice. The stadium has a seating capacity of 35,624 spectators and features a state-of-the-art roof system that can be opened or closed in less than 30 minutes, depending on the weather conditions. The roof also features a solar panel system that provides renewable energy to the stadium.
Allianz Riviera has hosted a number of high-profile events since its opening, including matches during the 2016 UEFA European Championship, Rugby World Cup matches, and concerts by world-famous artists such as Rihanna, Beyoncé, and Coldplay. In addition to hosting sporting and cultural events, Allianz Riviera also houses a number of commercial and leisure facilities, including restaurants, bars, and a museum dedicated to OGC Nice. The stadium is easily accessible by public transportation, with a tramway station located directly outside the stadium and a nearby highway exit.
History of Allianz Riviera
The idea of building a new stadium in Nice was first proposed in the early 2000s, as the old Stade Municipal du Ray was considered outdated and in need of renovation. After several years of planning and negotiations, the construction of a new stadium was approved in 2007, and work began in 2011.
The new stadium, named Allianz Riviera for sponsorship reasons, was designed by the renowned French architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte, and built at a cost of €243 million. The construction of the stadium took just over two years to complete, with the first match being played on September 22, 2013, between OGC Nice and Valenciennes FC.
Allianz Riviera was designed to be a modern, multi-purpose stadium, capable of hosting a wide range of events. In addition to football matches, the stadium has also hosted rugby matches, concerts, and other cultural events.
One of the most striking features of Allianz Riviera is its innovative roof system, which is made up of 36,000 individual panels that can be opened or closed in less than 30 minutes, depending on the weather conditions. The roof also features a solar panel system that provides renewable energy to the stadium.
In 2016, Allianz Riviera was one of ten stadiums selected to host matches during the UEFA Euro 2016 football tournament, and it also served as a training ground for several national teams. Since then, the stadium has continued to host high-profile events, and has become a popular destination for sports and entertainment fans alike.
Allianz Riviera Stadium Seating Plan with Rows 2023
The seating plan at Allianz Riviera is designed to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for spectators. The stadium has a total capacity of 35,624 seats, with a range of seating options available to suit different preferences and budgets.
The seating is divided into four main categories: Category 1, Category 2, Category 3, and Category 4. Category 1 and Category 2 seats are located closest to the pitch and offer the best views of the action. Category 3 and Category 4 seats are located higher up in the stadium and offer good views of the pitch from a greater distance.
In addition to standard seating, Allianz Riviera also offers a range of premium seating options, including VIP boxes, lounges, and hospitality packages. These options provide a luxurious and exclusive experience, with access to private lounges, premium food and drink options, and other amenities.
The stadium also has dedicated seating areas for disabled spectators, with wheelchair-accessible spaces and companion seats available.
Overall, the seating plan at Allianz Riviera is designed to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for spectators, with a range of seating options available to suit different preferences and budgets.
The seating capacity of Allianz Riviera is 35,624 spectators. This capacity can be adjusted depending on the type of event being held, with seating configurations available for different types of events such as football matches, rugby matches, concerts, and other cultural events.
The stadium has a range of seating options available, including standard seating, premium seating, and dedicated seating areas for disabled spectators. The seating is divided into four main categories, with Category 1 and Category 2 seats located closest to the pitch, and Category 3 and Category 4 seats located higher up in the stadium.
Overall, Allianz Riviera is a modern and spacious stadium that provides a comfortable and enjoyable experience for spectators, with plenty of seating options available to suit different preferences and budgets.
Allianz Riviera Tickets Booking Method
Tickets for events at Allianz Riviera can be purchased through the official website of the stadium, as well as through authorized ticketing partners such as Ticketmaster and FNAC. Here are the steps to book tickets:
- Visit the official website of Allianz Riviera or the website of an authorized ticketing partner.
- Select the event you wish to attend, and choose the date and time of the event.
- Choose the category of seating you would like to purchase, based on your preference and budget.
- Select the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and add them to your cart.
- Review your order details, including the event date, time, and seating category, and proceed to checkout.
- Enter your personal and payment information, and confirm your order.
- Once your order is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket details.
- On the day of the event, bring your printed or electronic ticket to the stadium, and present it at the entrance to gain access to the event.
It is recommended to book tickets in advance, especially for high-profile events, as they may sell out quickly. Additionally, it’s important to ensure that you purchase tickets from authorized ticketing partners to avoid scams or fake tickets.
Allianz Riviera Tickets Price
The price of tickets for events at Allianz Riviera can vary depending on a variety of factors, including the type of event, the seating category, and the demand for tickets. Here are some general guidelines on the price of tickets:
- Football matches: Ticket prices for football matches at Allianz Riviera typically range from €10 to €100, depending on the seating category and the popularity of the match.
- Rugby matches: Ticket prices for rugby matches at Allianz Riviera are generally similar to those for football matches, ranging from €10 to €100.
- Concerts and other events: Ticket prices for concerts and other cultural events at Allianz Riviera can vary widely depending on the popularity of the artist or event. Prices can range from €30 to €200 or more, depending on the seating category and demand for tickets.
It’s important to note that prices are subject to change and can vary depending on the specific event and the availability of tickets. It’s always a good idea to check the official website of Allianz Riviera or authorized ticketing partners for up-to-date information on ticket prices. Additionally, it’s recommended to book tickets in advance to secure the best seats and avoid higher prices due to increased demand.
Parking Location and Access Map
Allianz Riviera has ample parking available for spectators, with a total of 4,200 parking spaces available on-site. The parking areas are conveniently located close to the stadium, making it easy for spectators to access the venue.
Parking at Allianz Riviera is divided into four main areas, with different parking zones available depending on the type of vehicle you are driving. The parking areas are color-coded to help you find your way, and signs are posted throughout the stadium to guide you to the appropriate parking zone.
In addition to on-site parking, there are also several park-and-ride options available for spectators who prefer not to drive to the stadium. These options allow you to park your car at a designated location and then take a shuttle bus to the stadium. This can be a convenient option for those who want to avoid the hassle of finding parking at the stadium.
It’s important to note that parking at Allianz Riviera can be limited during high-profile events, and it’s recommended to arrive early to secure a parking spot. Additionally, parking fees can vary depending on the event, and it’s a good idea to check the official website of Allianz Riviera for up-to-date information on parking rates and availability.
How to Reach Allianz Riviera
Allianz Riviera is located in the western part of Nice, France, and is easily accessible by a variety of transportation options. Here are some ways to reach the stadium:
- By car: Allianz Riviera is located just off the A8 highway, which runs along the coast of the French Riviera. If you are driving from Nice, take the Promenade des Anglais and follow the signs to the stadium. The journey takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- By bus: Several bus lines serve Allianz Riviera, including lines 95, 70, and 59. You can take the bus from the city center of Nice and get off at the “Allianz Riviera” stop, which is located right outside the stadium.
- By tram: Tram line 2 runs from the Nice city center to Allianz Riviera, with a stop at the “Cadam” station, which is a short walk from the stadium.
- By train: The closest train station to Allianz Riviera is Nice St. Isidore, which is located approximately 2 kilometers from the stadium. From there, you can take a bus or tram to the stadium.
- By taxi or rideshare: Taxis and rideshare services such as Uber and Lyft are widely available in Nice and can take you directly to Allianz Riviera.
It’s recommended to plan your journey in advance, especially during high-profile events when traffic and transportation can be busy. Additionally, it’s a good idea to check the official website of Allianz Riviera for up-to-date information on transportation options and routes.