Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium due to naming rights, is a multi-purpose stadium located in the eastern French city of Lyon. The stadium serves as the home venue for the Olympique Lyonnais football club, as well as the venue for other major sporting events and concerts. The stadium was completed in 2016, and has a seating capacity of approximately 59,000 spectators. It features a modern, innovative design, with a retractable roof and a large video screen that wraps around the entire perimeter of the stadium.
In addition to its standard seating areas, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais also features several VIP boxes and hospitality areas, as well as dedicated sections for disabled spectators and their companions. The stadium has hosted several major events since its opening, including matches during the 2016 UEFA Euro football tournament, the 2017 Coupe de la Ligue Final, and the 2018 UEFA Europa League Final. It has also hosted concerts by major international artists, such as Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, and Rihanna.
Overall, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais is a state-of-the-art sporting venue that offers a unique and unforgettable experience for fans of football and other sports.
Parc Olympique Lyonnais History
The Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium, was built as a replacement for the Stade de Gerland, which had served as the home stadium of Olympique Lyonnais since 1950.
Construction on the new stadium began in 2013, and it was completed in January 2016, at a cost of approximately €400 million. The stadium was designed by the London-based architecture firm Populous, and features a number of innovative design elements, including a retractable roof, a large video screen that wraps around the entire perimeter of the stadium, and a seating bowl that is angled steeply to provide excellent sightlines from every seat.
The Parc Olympique Lyonnais hosted its first match on January 9, 2016, when Olympique Lyonnais faced Troyes in a Ligue 1 match. The stadium has since become a regular host of major football matches, as well as other sporting events and concerts.
In addition to serving as the home stadium of Olympique Lyonnais, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais has also been used as a training base for several national football teams, including the French national team during the 2016 UEFA Euro football tournament.
Overall, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais represents a significant investment in the future of Olympique Lyonnais and the city of Lyon, and has quickly established itself as one of the premier sporting venues in France and Europe.
Parc Olympique Lyonnais Seating Capacity
The Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium, has a seating capacity of approximately 59,000 spectators for football matches. However, the stadium has a modular design that allows for the capacity to be adjusted depending on the type of event being held.
For concerts, the stadium’s capacity can be expanded to up to 63,000 spectators, making it one of the largest concert venues in France. In addition to its standard seating areas, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais also features several VIP boxes and hospitality areas, as well as dedicated sections for disabled spectators and their companions. Overall, the stadium offers a modern, comfortable, and spacious environment for sports and entertainment events.
Parc Olympique Lyonnais Seating Plan Layout with Rows 2023
The Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium, has a unique and modern seating plan layout. The stadium has a rectangular shape and the seating bowl is steeply angled, providing excellent views of the field from every seat. Here’s a brief overview of the stadium’s seating plan:
- The seating bowl is divided into two tiers, with a total of 54,000 standard seats available for football matches.
- There are several dedicated sections for disabled spectators and their companions, located on both the East and West sides of the stadium.
- The East and West stands also feature several hospitality areas, including VIP boxes, lounges, and restaurants.
- The North and South ends of the stadium feature large video screens, which provide fans with a clear view of the action on the field.
Overall, the Parc Olympique Lyonnais offers a spacious and comfortable environment for spectators, with excellent sightlines from every seat in the stadium. The modern design and innovative features make it a premier destination for sports and entertainment events.
Parc Olympique Lyonnais Tickets Price
The ticket prices for events at Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium, can vary depending on the type of event, the location of the seats, and the level of hospitality provided.
For Olympique Lyonnais football matches, standard ticket prices for adults typically range from €25 to €90, depending on the location of the seat and the importance of the match. Prices for children and seniors are usually lower.
For major events, such as concerts or international football matches, ticket prices can be higher, ranging from €50 to €150 or more for standard seats.
The prices for hospitality packages, which typically include access to exclusive lounges, catering, and other amenities, can vary widely, ranging from several hundred to several thousand euros per person.
It’s important to note that ticket prices are subject to change based on availability and demand, and it’s always a good idea to check the official website or ticketing partner for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Parc Olympique Lyonnais Parking Map
The Parc Olympique Lyonnais (also known as Groupama Stadium) is a stadium located in Lyon, France. There are several parking options available for visitors to the stadium.
- P1 and P2 Parking: These are the official parking lots of the stadium. P1 is located on the north side of the stadium, while P2 is located on the south side. Both lots have a capacity of approximately 5,000 vehicles and are accessible via the A46 motorway. The cost of parking in P1 or P2 varies depending on the event, but it is typically around 10-15 euros.
- P3 Parking: This parking lot is located outside of the stadium complex, but it is still within walking distance. It has a capacity of approximately 3,000 vehicles and is accessible via the A43 motorway. The cost of parking in P3 is typically lower than P1 or P2, but it can still vary depending on the event.
- Park-and-Ride: If you prefer to avoid the traffic near the stadium, there are several park-and-ride options available. These are located on the outskirts of Lyon and offer shuttle buses to the stadium. The cost of park-and-ride varies depending on the location and the event.
- Public Transport: Lyon has an extensive public transport network, including trams, buses, and metro lines. If you prefer not to drive, you can easily take public transport to the stadium. There are several bus and tram lines that stop near the stadium.
It’s worth noting that parking can be quite challenging during major events, and it’s recommended to arrive early or use alternative transportation options if possible.
How to Reach Parc Olympique Lyonnais
Parc Olympique Lyonnais, also known as Groupama Stadium, is located in the eastern suburbs of Lyon, approximately 16 km from the city center. Here are some of the best ways to reach the stadium:
- Public Transportation: The stadium is well-served by public transportation, with several bus lines and a tram line (T3) that connect the stadium to the city center and surrounding areas. On match days, there is also a shuttle service that operates between the stadium and Lyon-Part-Dieu train station.
- Car: If you are driving to the stadium, there are several parking lots available, both on-site and nearby. It’s important to note that traffic can be heavy on match days, so be sure to plan ahead and arrive early to avoid delays.
- Bicycle: The stadium is easily accessible by bicycle, with several bike paths and secure bike parking areas available. It’s also possible to rent bicycles using the city’s bike-sharing system (Vélo’v).
Overall, there are several convenient and affordable ways to reach Parc Olympique Lyonnais, and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead and choose the option that works best for their needs