Stade Pierre-Mauroy is a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Villeneuve-d’Ascq, in the northern region of France. The stadium was opened in 2012 and has a seating capacity of 50,157 spectators. The Stade Pierre-Mauroy is primarily used for football and serves as the home stadium of Lille OSC, one of the top football clubs in France. The stadium has also hosted other sports events, including basketball and handball games, as well as concerts and other cultural events.
The stadium was designed by the French architect Pierre Ferret and features a retractable roof, which can be opened or closed in just 30 minutes, allowing events to take place in any weather condition. The Stade Pierre-Mauroy is known for its modern design and state-of-the-art facilities, making it one of the top stadiums in France.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy History
The construction of Stade Pierre-Mauroy began in 2009 and was completed in 2012. The stadium was built to replace Lille’s former home ground, the Stade Lille-Metropole, which had become outdated and too small for the club’s needs.
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy was named after the former Mayor of Lille, Pierre Mauroy, who played a key role in bringing the stadium to fruition. Mauroy was a passionate football fan and was instrumental in securing the necessary funding and support to build the stadium.
The stadium was inaugurated on August 17, 2012, with a friendly match between Lille and Sporting CP, which ended in a 1-1 draw. The first official match played at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy was a Ligue 1 game between Lille and Nancy, which Lille won 1-0.
Since its opening, the Stade Pierre-Mauroy has hosted several high-profile events, including matches of the 2016 UEFA Euro tournament, the 2017 IHF World Men’s Handball Championship, and the 2018 Basketball Champions League Final Four.
Overall, the Stade Pierre-Mauroy has become an important landmark in the city of Villeneuve-d’Ascq and a symbol of Lille’s sporting and cultural identity.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy Stadium Seating Plan 2023
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy has a seating capacity of 50,157 and is divided into several sections, each offering a different view and experience for spectators. Here is a breakdown of the seating plan:
- Tribune Honneur: This is the main stand of the stadium and is located on the west side. It has four levels and offers the best views of the pitch. The lower level is reserved for VIPs and includes a restaurant and a lounge.
- Tribune Nord: This stand is located on the north side of the stadium and has three levels. It is the main stand for Lille’s most passionate fans, known as the Dogues Virage Nord.
- Tribune Sud: This stand is located on the south side of the stadium and has three levels. It is mainly reserved for away fans and also includes the press area.
- Tribune Est: This stand is located on the east side of the stadium and has two levels. It offers a good view of the pitch and is mainly reserved for families and groups.
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy also has several premium seating areas, including private boxes and lounges, which offer a more exclusive and luxurious experience for spectators.
Overall, the Stade Pierre-Mauroy’s seating plan is designed to offer a great view of the pitch from every angle and to accommodate different types of fans, from families to VIPs and away supporters.
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy has a seating capacity of 50,157 spectators, which makes it one of the largest stadiums in France. The stadium’s design and facilities are modern and state-of-the-art, making it an ideal venue for football matches, concerts, and other events.
Stade Pierre Mauroy Seating Capacity
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy’s capacity can be adjusted to accommodate different types of events. For example, during the 2016 UEFA Euro tournament, the stadium’s capacity was reduced to 45,000 to meet UEFA’s regulations. Similarly, for concerts and other cultural events, the seating capacity can be adjusted to create a more intimate atmosphere.
Overall, the Stade Pierre-Mauroy’s seating capacity is a testament to its importance as a landmark venue in the city of Villeneuve-d’Ascq and a hub for sports, entertainment, and culture in the region.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy Tickets Price
The price of tickets for events at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of event, the location of the seats, and the demand for tickets. Generally, tickets for Lille OSC football matches at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy range from around €15 for a seat in the upper tier to over €100 for a seat in the VIP section.
For other events such as concerts or cultural events, ticket prices can also vary depending on the popularity of the performer or the event itself. Prices for these events can range from around €30 to €150 or more for premium seats.
It’s important to note that ticket prices are subject to change and can vary from event to event. Additionally, it’s recommended to purchase tickets through official channels to avoid scams and ensure that you are getting authentic tickets.
Overall, ticket prices for events at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy can vary depending on several factors, but there are usually options available for a range of budgets.
Stade Pierre-Mauroy Parking Map
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy has several parking areas available for spectators attending events at the stadium. Here is a parking map of the stadium:
- Parking P1: This is the main parking area located on the north side of the stadium and can accommodate up to 5,000 cars. This parking area is reserved for VIPs and disabled spectators.
- Parking P2: This is the general parking area located on the east side of the stadium and can accommodate up to 3,200 cars. It is recommended for spectators with tickets for the Tribune Est.
- Parking P3: This is another general parking area located on the south side of the stadium and can accommodate up to 1,800 cars. It is recommended for spectators with tickets for the Tribune Sud.
- Parking P4: This parking area is located on the west side of the stadium and can accommodate up to 700 cars. It is recommended for spectators with tickets for the Tribune Honneur.
In addition to these parking areas, there are also several other parking options available in the surrounding area, including public parking lots and garages.
It’s recommended to plan ahead and arrive early to secure a parking spot, especially for high-profile events. Alternatively, spectators can also use public transportation options to reach the stadium, such as the metro or bus.
How to Reach Stade Pierre-Mauroy
The Stade Pierre-Mauroy is located in the city of Villeneuve-d’Ascq, which is part of the Lille metropolitan area in northern France. Here are some of the ways to reach the stadium:
- Public transportation: The stadium is easily accessible by metro and bus. The closest metro station is Cité Scientifique, which is on Line 1. From there, it’s just a short walk to the stadium. Several bus lines also serve the stadium, including lines 13, 18, and 32.
- Car: If you are driving, the stadium is easily accessible from the A1 and A27 highways. Follow signs for “Stade Pierre-Mauroy” or “Lille Grand Stade” to reach the stadium. As mentioned earlier, there are several parking options available around the stadium.
- Taxi or ride-sharing services: Taxi and ride-sharing services such as Uber or Lyft are available in the Lille metropolitan area and can be used to reach the stadium.
- Bicycle: The stadium is also accessible by bicycle, with several bike racks available around the stadium.
Overall, there are several options available to reach the Stade Pierre-Mauroy, including public transportation, driving, taxi or ride-sharing services, and bicycles. It’s recommended to plan ahead and check the best option depending on your location and the type of event you are attending.