Carrow Road Stadium is a football stadium located in Norwich, England. It is the home ground of Norwich City Football Club, a professional football club that currently plays in the English Premier League. The stadium was first opened in 1935 and has undergone several renovations and expansions since then. It has a current seating capacity of over 27,000, with several different sections and levels available for visitors.
In addition to hosting Norwich City FC matches, Carrow Road Stadium has also been used for other events such as music concerts, charity events, and corporate functions. It is considered one of the top football stadiums in England, known for its passionate fan base and lively atmosphere during matches.
The stadium is easily accessible by public transportation, with several bus routes and a train station located nearby. There are also several on-site parking options available for visitors arriving by car. Overall, Carrow Road Stadium is a modern and well-equipped sports and entertainment venue, offering a great experience for football fans and other visitors alike.
Carrow Road Stadium History
Carrow Road Stadium has a rich and interesting history, dating back to the early 20th century. The stadium was first opened in 1935, as the new home ground for Norwich City Football Club. The first match played at the stadium was a friendly match against West Ham United, which Norwich won 4-3. Over the next few decades, the stadium underwent several renovations and expansions, with the most significant being a major redevelopment project in the early 2000s. This project added several new stands, as well as other modern amenities such as improved seating, catering, and hospitality areas.
Carrow Road has hosted several major events over the years, including international matches, cup finals, and even music concerts. One notable event was the 1985 League Cup Final, in which Norwich City defeated Sunderland to win their first major trophy. The stadium has also undergone several name changes over the years, due to sponsorship deals and other reasons. It has been known as the Lotus Road Stadium, the Morgans’ Sports Stadium, and most recently the St. James’ Park Carrow Road Stadium.
Today, Carrow Road Stadium is considered one of the most iconic football stadiums in England, known for its passionate fan base, lively atmosphere, and modern facilities. It has played a significant role in the history of Norwich City FC and is a source of pride for the local community.
Carrow Road Stadium Seating Plan 2023 Norwich
Carrow Road Stadium has a seating capacity of over 27,000, with several different sections and levels available for visitors. Here is a breakdown of the seating plan:
- The stadium has four main stands: the Barclay Stand, the Norwich and Peterborough Stand, the Geoffrey Watling City Stand, and the Regency Security Stand. Each stand has a different capacity and offers a different view of the pitch.
- The Barclay Stand is located on the south side of the stadium and is known for its passionate and vocal fans. It has a capacity of over 7,000 and is one of the most popular stands in the stadium.
- The Norwich and Peterborough Stand is located on the north side of the stadium and has a capacity of over 8,000. It offers a great view of the pitch and is popular with families and groups.
- The Geoffrey Watling City Stand is located on the west side of the stadium and has a capacity of over 5,000. It offers a great view of the pitch and is popular with corporate and hospitality guests.
- The Regency Security Stand is located on the east side of the stadium and has a capacity of over 6,000. It offers a great view of the pitch and is popular with away fans.
- In addition to these main stands, there are also several hospitality areas and executive boxes available for hire, offering a more exclusive and luxurious experience for visitors.
Overall, Carrow Road Stadium offers a great range of seating options for visitors, with comfortable seats, great views of the pitch, and a lively atmosphere during matches.
Carrow Road Stadium Ticket Price List
The ticket prices for matches at Carrow Road Stadium can vary depending on the opponent, the competition, and the seating location. Generally, prices range from £30 to £50 for adults, with discounts available for children, seniors, and disabled visitors.
Here is a rough breakdown of the ticket prices for matches at Carrow Road Stadium:
- Adult tickets for home league matches start at around £30 for the cheapest seats and go up to around £50 for the most expensive seats in the premium sections.
- Children’s tickets are available at a discounted rate, with prices typically starting at around £10 to £15 for the cheapest seats.
- Senior citizen and disabled tickets are also available at a discounted rate, with prices starting at around £20 to £25 for the cheapest seats.
Hospitality and VIP packages are available for visitors who want a more exclusive and luxurious experience. These packages can include access to private suites, premium seating, food and drinks, and other special perks. Prices for these packages can vary depending on the specific amenities and services included.
It’s worth noting that ticket prices can change depending on the match and availability, so it’s always a good idea to check the official Norwich City FC website or ticketing platform for the most up-to-date information.
Carrow Road Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
Here are the general steps to book tickets for matches at Carrow Road Stadium:
- Visit the official Norwich City FC website and go to the ticketing section.
- Select the match you want to attend and click on “Buy Tickets”.
- Choose your seating location and number of tickets. You may need to select a specific section, row, and seat, depending on availability and pricing.
- Review your order and check the total price, including any additional fees or charges.
- Enter your personal and payment information, such as your name, email, phone number, and credit card details.
- Confirm your booking and wait for your e-ticket to be sent to your email address. You can either print out the e-ticket or show it on your smartphone at the stadium.
- If you encounter any issues or have questions about the booking process, contact the Norwich City FC ticket office by phone or email.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and options for booking tickets may vary depending on the match, availability, and ticketing platform used. It’s always a good idea to double-check the details and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any issues or delays.
Carrow Road Stadium Parking Norwich
There are several parking options available for visitors’ attending matches or events at Carrow Road Stadium:
- On-site parking: The stadium has a limited number of on-site parking spaces available for visitors, which can be booked in advance through the official Norwich City FC website. Prices for on-site parking can vary depending on the match and availability, but generally range from £5 to £10.
- Off-site parking: There are several off-site parking lots and garages located near Carrow Road Stadium, which can be a more affordable option for visitors. Some nearby parking options include the Riverside car park, the St. Andrews multi-storey car park, and the Castle Mall car park.
- Park and Ride: There are several Park and Ride sites located around Norwich, which offer a convenient and affordable way to get to Carrow Road Stadium without having to worry about parking. Visitors can park their car at the Park and Ride site and take a shuttle bus to the stadium.
- Public transportation: Visitors can also take advantage of the public transportation options available in Norwich, such as buses and trains, which can provide a convenient and affordable way to get to Carrow Road Stadium without having to worry about parking.
It’s important to note that parking can be limited and in high demand on match days, so it’s always a good idea to plan and arrive early to secure a parking spot. Additionally, be aware that there may be restrictions or road closures in place due to the match, so it’s important to check the official Norwich City FC website or local traffic updates for the latest information.
How to Reach Carrow Road Stadium
There are several ways to reach Carrow Road Stadium:
- By car: Carrow Road Stadium is located in the city centre of Norwich and is easily accessible by car. Visitors can take the A47 or A11 and follow the signs for Norwich City Centre. Once in the city centre, follow the signs for the stadium.
- By train: Norwich Railway Station is located just a short walk from Carrow Road Stadium, making it a convenient option for visitors traveling by train. From the station, exit onto Thorpe Road and follow the signs for the stadium.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Carrow Road Stadium, including the number 25, 26, 28, and 29. Visitors can use the Norwich Park and Ride service or the local bus service to get to the stadium.
- By taxi: Taxis are readily available in Norwich and can provide a convenient and direct way to get to Carrow Road Stadium. Visitors can hail a taxi on the street or book one in advance through a local taxi company.
It’s important to note that on match days, the roads around the stadium can become congested and there may be delays or road closures in place. It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and leave plenty of time to get to the stadium, especially if traveling by car. Additionally, be aware that there may be restrictions or road closures in place due to the match, so it’s important to check the official Norwich City FC website or local traffic updates for the latest information.
Carrow Road Stadium Facilities
Carrow Road Stadium offers a range of facilities for visitors attending matches or events. Some of the main facilities include:
- Seating: Carrow Road Stadium has seating for over 27,000 spectators, with a mix of covered and uncovered seating areas.
- Hospitality: The stadium offers a range of hospitality packages for visitors, including private boxes, suites, and lounges. These packages typically include premium seating, food and drink, and access to exclusive areas.
- Food and drink: There are several food and drink options available at Carrow Road Stadium, including fast food outlets, bars, and restaurants. The stadium also has several kiosks located throughout the concourse areas selling snacks and drinks.
- Merchandise: The official Norwich City FC shop is located at the stadium and sells a range of merchandise, including replica shirts, scarves, and souvenirs.
- Accessibility: Carrow Road Stadium is fully accessible for visitors with disabilities, with designated seating areas, accessible toilets, and lifts to all levels of the stadium. The stadium also offers audio descriptive commentary for visually impaired visitors.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the stadium, allowing visitors to stay connected and share their matchday experience on social media.
- First aid: There are several first aid stations located throughout the stadium, staffed by qualified medical professionals who can provide first aid and emergency care if needed.
- Family facilities: The stadium has several family-friendly facilities, including a family stand, baby changing facilities, and a dedicated children’s play area.
It’s important to note that some facilities may not be available on non-match days or may have limited availability depending on the event. Visitors are encouraged to check the official Norwich City FC website for the latest information on facilities and services.