Kyle Field is a football stadium located on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. It is the home field of the Texas A&M Aggies football team and is one of the largest stadiums in the United States. The stadium has a seating capacity of 102,733, making it the fourth largest stadium in the United States and the largest in the Southeastern Conference (SEC).
The stadium was named after Edwin Jackson Kyle, who served as Texas A&M’s athletic director from 1920 to 1953. Kyle Field has undergone several renovations over the years, with the most recent renovation completed in 2015. The renovation included adding more seating, luxury suites, and a new video board. Kyle Field is known for its unique design, which includes a giant outdoor scoreboard known as the “AggieVision” and a student section known as the “12th Man,” which stands throughout the game to support the team.
Kyle Field History
Kyle Field has a long and storied history dating back to its construction in 1927. The stadium was originally named Kyle Field in honor of Edwin Jackson Kyle, who served as Texas A&M’s athletic director from 1920 to 1953. The stadium was built at a cost of $345,001 and had a seating capacity of 32,000.
Over the years, Kyle Field has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of Aggie fans. In 1967, the stadium’s capacity was increased to 48,000, and in 1980, it was expanded again to hold 70,000 fans. In 1999, a major renovation project was undertaken that included the construction of a new press box and luxury suites, as well as the addition of more seating.
In 2013, Texas A&M announced plans for a $450 million renovation of Kyle Field, which would increase its seating capacity to 102,733 and make it one of the largest stadiums in the country. The renovation was completed in 2015, and the new Kyle Field features state-of-the-art amenities, including a massive video board, luxury suites, and a redesigned concourse.
Throughout its history, Kyle Field has been the site of many memorable moments in Aggie football history, including the “Game of the Century” between Texas A&M and the University of Texas in 1999, which ended in a dramatic 20-16 Aggie victory. Kyle Field has also hosted numerous high-profile sporting events, including the annual Texas A&M vs. University of Texas rivalry game, as well as concerts, political rallies, and other special events.
Kyle Field Seating Chart with Rows and Seat Numbers 2023
Here is a general seating chart for Kyle Field with rows:
- Sections 101-135 and 501-535: These are the lower bowl sections of the stadium, with rows numbered from 1 to 61 (A-BA).
- Sections 201-235 and 601-635: These are the middle bowl sections of the stadium, with rows numbered from 1 to 34 (A-DD).
- Sections 301-335 and 701-735: These are the upper bowl sections of the stadium, with rows numbered from 1 to 24 (A-X).
- Sections 401-435 and 801-835: These are the upper deck sections of the stadium, with rows numbered from 1 to 30 (A-DD).
It’s important to note that some sections may have a different number of rows or lettering system, depending on the specific location in the stadium. Additionally, the student section (12th Man) is located in sections 136-143 and 637-644, with its own numbering system.
Kyle Field Stadium Seating Chart for Football
Here is a detailed seating chart for Kyle Field stadium for football games:
Lower Bowl: 101-135, 501-535 – Lower Level Sideline 136-143, 637-644 – 12th Man Student Section 144-151, 645-652 – Lower Level Endzone
Middle Bowl: 201-235, 601-635 – Loge Level Sideline 301-335, 701-735 – Upper Level Sideline
Upper Bowl: 401-435, 801-835 – Upper Level Endzone
Note that some sections in Kyle Field may have different row or seat number ranges, so it’s important to double-check your tickets and seating location before attending a football game at the stadium. Additionally, the “12th Man” student section is located behind the south endzone, and it’s known for being one of the most raucous and energetic student sections in college football.
Kyle Field Seating Chart for Concerts
Here is a general seating chart for Kyle Field stadium for concerts:
The stage is typically set up at the north endzone of the stadium, and seating sections are arranged around the field in a circular fashion.
Floor Seating: Sections 101-105, 131-135, 501-505, 531-535 – These are typically floor sections that are set up on the field, closest to the stage.
Lower Bowl: Sections 106-130, 506-530 – These are lower bowl sections that are set up along the sidelines of the stadium. They typically offer a good view of the stage, but may be farther away than the floor sections.
Middle Bowl: Sections 201-235, 601-635 – These are middle bowl sections that are set up above the lower bowl sections. They offer a higher vantage point and a good overall view of the stage and stadium.
Upper Bowl: Sections 301-335, 701-735 – These are upper bowl sections that are set up at the top of the stadium. They offer the highest vantage point and may be farther away from the stage, but can still provide a good view of the concert.
Note that specific seating arrangements for concerts at Kyle Field may vary depending on the concert’s production and stage setup. Be sure to check with the venue or event promoter for the most up-to-date seating information.
Kyle Field Priority Seating Area Chart
Here is a general priority seating area chart for Kyle Field:
Club Level: Sections C101-C115, C201-C215, C301-C315, C401-C415 – These are club level sections that offer premium amenities such as wider seats, access to a climate-controlled lounge area, and in-seat food and beverage service.
Loge Level: Sections L101-L119, L201-L219, L301-L319 – These are loge level sections that offer premium seating with wider seats and more legroom, as well as access to a climate-controlled lounge area.
Suites: Suites 1-42 – These are luxury suites that offer a private, upscale seating experience with premium amenities such as in-suite catering, VIP parking, and access to a private club lounge.
Zone Club: Sections ZC101-ZC115 – This is a premium seating area located at the south endzone of the stadium, offering a private club lounge and premium amenities such as in-seat food and beverage service.
Note that specific seating arrangements for priority areas at Kyle Field may vary depending on the specific event or game. Additionally, priority seating areas may require an additional fee or membership to access. Be sure to check with the venue or event promoter for the most up-to-date seating information and pricing.
Kyle Field Capacity
The official seating capacity of Kyle Field is currently 102,733. However, this number can vary depending on the specific event or game, as certain seating sections may be closed off or reduced in capacity for various reasons such as safety concerns, staging, or production requirements. Kyle Field has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years to increase its capacity and improve the overall fan experience. In 2015, a major renovation project was completed that increased the seating capacity from 82,600 to its current 102,733 capacity.
How to Book Kyle Field Tickets
You can book tickets for events at Kyle Field through several different methods, depending on the specific event or game:
- Through the Kyle Field Box Office: You can purchase tickets in person at the Kyle Field Box Office, which is located on the west side of the stadium.
- Online: Many events and games at Kyle Field offer online ticket sales through the official Kyle Field website, as well as through third-party ticketing platforms such as Ticketmaster, StubHub, or Vivid Seats.
- Phone: You can also purchase tickets over the phone through the Kyle Field Box Office or through a third-party ticketing platform.
When booking tickets, be sure to check the seating chart and available seating sections, as well as any priority or premium seating options that may be available. Additionally, be sure to check the date and time of the event or game, as well as any specific policies or restrictions that may apply. Some events may have limited ticket availability, so it’s best to book early to secure your desired seats.
Kyle Field Tickets Price
The price of tickets for events at Kyle Field can vary widely depending on the specific event, game, and seating section. Some factors that may affect ticket prices include the popularity of the event, the location of the seating section, and any additional amenities or benefits offered with the ticket purchase.
As an example, for Texas A&M Aggies football games, ticket prices can range from around $50 to over $500 per ticket, depending on the location and quality of the seat. Premium seating options such as suites, club level seats, and loge seats can often cost significantly more than standard seating sections.
For concerts and other events at Kyle Field, ticket prices can also vary widely depending on the specific artist, show, and seating location. Generally, ticket prices for concerts at Kyle Field can range from around $50 to over $200 per ticket.
It’s important to check with the Kyle Field Box Office or the event promoter for the most up-to-date pricing information for the specific event or game you are interested in attending.
Kyle Field Stadium Parking Lots Map
Kyle Field offers several parking options for events and games, including both on-campus and off-campus parking. Parking availability and pricing may vary depending on the specific event or game, so it’s best to check with the Kyle Field Box Office or the event promoter for the most up-to-date information. On-Campus Parking: On-campus parking options include several parking lots and garages located near Kyle Field. These parking areas are typically reserved for season ticket holders and other priority parking pass holders, but may also be available for purchase on a single game basis. Prices for on-campus parking can range from around $20 to $50 per vehicle, depending on the location of the parking area and the specific event.
Off-Campus Parking: Off-campus parking options include several private lots and garages located near Kyle Field, as well as street parking in surrounding areas. These parking areas are typically less expensive than on-campus parking, with prices ranging from around $10 to $30 per vehicle, depending on the location and availability of the parking area.
Alternative Transportation: Alternatively, fans attending events at Kyle Field can also use public transportation options such as buses, shuttles, or taxis to reach the stadium. The Brazos Transit District offers several bus routes that stop near Kyle Field, and ride-sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available in the area.
How to Reach Kyle Field
Kyle Field is located on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. Here are some ways to reach Kyle Field:
- By Car: Kyle Field is easily accessible by car and is located just off of Texas State Highway 6. There are several parking options available on campus as well as off campus.
- By Air: The nearest major airport is Easterwood Airport (CLL), which is located about 3 miles from Kyle Field. Several airlines offer daily flights to and from CLL.
- By Bus: The Brazos Transit District operates several bus routes that stop near Kyle Field. Additionally, many private bus companies offer transportation to and from Kyle Field for events and games.
- By Train: Amtrak operates daily train service to College Station, with the College Station station located just a few miles from Kyle Field.
- By Bike or Foot: Kyle Field is located within walking distance of many areas of the Texas A&M campus, and several bike paths and sidewalks make it easy to reach the stadium on foot or by bike.
When planning your trip to Kyle Field, be sure to check the specific event or game date and time, as well as any relevant parking or transportation information provided by the event promoter or the Kyle Field Box Office.
Kyle Field Stadium Facilities
Kyle Field is a state-of-the-art stadium that offers a range of facilities for guests and visitors. Some of the facilities and amenities available at Kyle Field include:
- Seating: Kyle Field offers seating for up to 102,733 spectators, making it one of the largest college football stadiums in the United States. The seating options include traditional stadium seats, as well as premium seating options such as suites, loge boxes, and club level seating.
- Concessions: The stadium features a wide variety of concession stands offering a range of food and beverage options, including traditional stadium fare like hot dogs and nachos, as well as more upscale options like barbecue and Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Restrooms: The stadium features modern restrooms located throughout the concourse and seating areas, including accessible restrooms for guests with disabilities.
- Scoreboard and Video Screens: The stadium features a large scoreboard and multiple video screens located throughout the concourse and seating areas, providing guests with clear views of the action on the field.
- Fan Zone: The stadium features a fan zone area where guests can enjoy pregame festivities, interactive games, and other activities.
- Wi-Fi: Kyle Field offers free Wi-Fi throughout the stadium, allowing guests to stay connected and share their game day experiences with friends and family.
- First Aid Stations: The stadium has first aid stations located throughout the concourse and seating areas, staffed by medical professionals who can provide basic first aid and emergency care as needed.
These are just a few of the facilities and amenities available at Kyle Field. Whether you’re attending a football game, concert, or other event, you can expect a comfortable and enjoyable experience at this world-class stadium.