Stade Chaban-Delmas is a sports stadium located in Bordeaux, France. It was originally built in 1930 and has since undergone several renovations and upgrades. The stadium has a seating capacity of approximately 34,000 spectators and is primarily used for rugby and football (soccer) matches. Stade Chaban-Delmas has been the home stadium for several sports teams over the years, including the football clubs Girondins de Bordeaux and FC Bordeaux, as well as the rugby team Union Bordeaux Bègles. The stadium has also hosted several international sporting events, including matches for the 1998 FIFA World Cup and the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
In addition to sporting events, Stade Chaban-Delmas has also been used as a concert venue, hosting performances by notable artists such as Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and U2. However, in recent years, the stadium has primarily been used for sporting events.
History of Stade Chaban-Delmas Bordeaux
Stade Chaban-Delmas was first built in 1930, with construction taking just under a year to complete. It was originally called the Parc Lescure, named after the district of Bordeaux where it is located. The stadium was primarily used for football matches, and quickly became the home stadium for the Girondins de Bordeaux football club. Over the years, the stadium underwent several renovations and upgrades. In 1985, it was renamed Stade Chaban-Delmas in honor of Jacques Chaban-Delmas, a former mayor of Bordeaux and French Prime Minister. In 1998, the stadium underwent a major renovation in preparation for the FIFA World Cup, which included the installation of new seating and the addition of VIP lounges.
In 2007, Stade Chaban-Delmas hosted several matches for the Rugby World Cup, including two quarter-final matches. The stadium continued to be used primarily for rugby and football matches in the years following the World Cup. In 2015, the Girondins de Bordeaux football club moved to a new stadium, the Matmut Atlantique, which was built specifically for the club. However, Stade Chaban-Delmas continues to be used as a venue for rugby matches and other sporting events.
Stade Chaban Delmas Bordeaux Seating Plan Rows 2024
The seating plan for Stade Chaban-Delmas in Bordeaux varies depending on the event being held. However, the stadium typically has four main stands: the Tribune Présidentielle (Presidential Stand), the Tribune d’Honneur (Honorary Stand), the Tribune Latérale (Lateral Stand), and the Tribune Populaire (Popular Stand).
The Tribune Présidentielle is the main stand of the stadium and is located along the west side. It typically includes VIP boxes and seating for dignitaries and other special guests.
The Tribune d’Honneur is located on the east side of the stadium and typically includes seating for season ticket holders and other VIP guests.
The Tribune Latérale is located on the north and south sides of the stadium and includes seating for general admission spectators. The north side typically has a larger seating capacity than the south side.
The Tribune Populaire is located on the east side of the stadium and typically includes seating for the most affordable tickets.
Each of the four stands has several rows of seating, which are numbered sequentially from front to back. The exact number of rows in each stand varies depending on the configuration of the seating for the specific event being held.
Bordeaux Stadium Seating Capacity
The seating capacity of Stade Chaban-Delmas in Bordeaux, France is approximately 34,000 spectators. However, the actual capacity can vary depending on the event being held and the specific configuration of the seating. During football (soccer) matches, the seating capacity can be reduced to approximately 28,000 to accommodate the necessary safety requirements and regulations.
During rugby matches, the seating capacity can also vary depending on the specific event being held. For example, during the 2007 Rugby World Cup, the stadium had a capacity of 34,000 spectators for the quarter-final matches that were held there. It’s worth noting that the seating capacity of Stade Chaban-Delmas has varied over the years due to renovations and upgrades to the stadium. For example, the stadium underwent a major renovation in 1998 in preparation for the FIFA World Cup, which included the installation of new seating and the addition of VIP lounges.
How to Book Stade Chaban Delmas Tickets
The process for booking tickets for events at Stade Chaban-Delmas can vary depending on the event and the ticketing provider. However, here are some general steps that can help guide you through the process:
- Determine the event and date you want to attend – Check the schedule of events at the stadium and determine which event you want to attend, along with the date and time of the event.
- Choose your preferred seating section – Depending on the event, there may be different seating sections available at the stadium. Decide which section you want to sit in and the number of tickets you need.
- Check ticket availability – Check the ticket availability for the event and seating section you want. Tickets may be available through various ticketing providers, including the stadium’s official website, ticketing agencies, or authorized resellers.
- Purchase your tickets – Once you have found available tickets, select the tickets you want and complete the payment process. Make sure to review the ticket details and any terms and conditions before making your purchase.
- Receive your tickets – After completing your purchase, you should receive a confirmation email or receipt that includes your ticket details. Depending on the ticket provider, you may receive your tickets electronically or by mail.
- Attend the event – On the day of the event, bring your ticket or confirmation email to the stadium and follow the instructions for entering the stadium and finding your seats.
It’s important to note that the specific steps for booking tickets at Stade Chaban-Delmas may vary depending on the event and the ticketing provider. It’s always a good idea to check the event and ticketing information on the stadium’s official website or the ticketing provider’s website for the most up-to-date information.
Stade Chaban-Delmas Ticket Prices
The ticket prices for events at Stade Chaban-Delmas can vary depending on the specific event, seating section, and ticketing provider. However, here are some general guidelines for the ticket prices you can expect:
- For football (soccer) matches, ticket prices can range from around €10 to €50 for general admission seating, and up to €120 or more for VIP seating.
- For rugby matches, ticket prices can range from around €10 to €50 for general admission seating, and up to €80 or more for VIP seating.
- The ticket prices for other events held at the stadium, such as concerts or festivals, can vary widely depending on the performers and event organizers.
It’s important to note that these are just general estimates, and the actual ticket prices can vary depending on the specific event and the ticketing provider. It’s always a good idea to check the event and ticketing information on the stadium’s official website or the ticketing provider’s website for the most up-to-date pricing information. Additionally, ticket prices may be subject to change based on availability and demand, so it’s recommended to book tickets as early as possible to secure the best prices.
Stade Chaban-Delmas has limited on-site parking available, and it is often reserved for VIPs and staff. However, there are several parking options located near the stadium that visitors can use.
- Parcub is the official parking provider for the city of Bordeaux and has several parking facilities located within walking distance of Stade Chaban-Delmas. The closest Parcub parking facility to the stadium is the Parcub des Quinconces, which is about a 15-minute walk away.
- Other nearby parking options include the Q-Park parking facility located at the Gare Saint-Jean train station, which is about a 25-minute walk from the stadium, and the Parking des Salinières, which is about a 20-minute walk away.
It’s important to note that parking near Stade Chaban-Delmas can be limited and expensive, especially on event days. It’s recommended to arrive early and consider using public transportation or other transportation options, such as taxis or rideshare services, to avoid parking issues. Additionally, some parking facilities may offer pre-booking options to guarantee a parking spot and potentially save money.
How to Reach Stade Chaban-Delmas
Stade Chaban-Delmas is located in the heart of Bordeaux, France, and can be easily reached by various modes of transportation. Here are some ways to reach the stadium:
- Public transportation – The stadium is accessible via the city’s public transportation system, TBM. The nearest tram stop to the stadium is “Stade Chaban-Delmas” on Line A, which is a short walk from the stadium. Bus lines 9 and 26 also stop near the stadium.
- Taxi – Taxis are widely available in Bordeaux and can be hailed on the street or ordered in advance. There is a taxi rank located near the stadium on Cours Jules Ladoumegue.
- Bicycle – Bordeaux has a bike-sharing system called VCub, with several bike stations located near the stadium. Visitors can rent a bike and ride to the stadium using the city’s extensive network of bike lanes and paths.
- Car – Visitors can also drive to the stadium, but parking can be limited and expensive. It’s recommended to arrive early and consider using one of the nearby parking facilities mentioned earlier.
- Walk – Depending on where you are located in the city, it may be possible to walk to the stadium. The stadium is located about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) from the city center and is easily accessible by foot.