The Coventry Building Society Arena is a multi-purpose venue located in Coventry, England. It was previously known as the Ricoh Arena and has undergone several renovations since its opening in 2005. The arena serves as the home stadium for Coventry City Football Club and the rugby team Wasps RFC. It has a seating capacity of 32,609 for football matches and 32,000 for rugby matches.
In addition to sporting events, the Coventry Building Society Arena also hosts concerts, conferences, exhibitions, and other cultural events. It features several hospitality and conference suites, as well as restaurants, bars, and retail outlets. The arena is easily accessible via public transportation, with several bus routes and a railway station located nearby. It is also located close to the M6 and M69 motorways, making it easily accessible by car.
Coventry Building Society Arena history
The Coventry Building Society Arena, formerly known as the Ricoh Arena, was officially opened in August 2005 after three years of construction. It was built on the site of the former Foleshill gasworks, which had been decommissioned in the 1970s. The arena was constructed at a cost of £113 million and was primarily designed to serve as the home stadium for Coventry City Football Club, which had been without a permanent home since leaving their old stadium, Highfield Road, in 2005.
The arena was also designed to host other sporting events and cultural activities. In 2007, the rugby team Wasps RFC moved to the arena and it became their new home ground. The arena has since hosted a variety of events, including concerts by famous artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Rihanna, and Bon Jovi. In 2013, the stadium was acquired by Wasps Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of the rugby team Wasps RFC. In 2020, the arena was renamed the Coventry Building Society Arena after a naming rights deal was signed with the Coventry Building Society.
Over the years, the arena has undergone several renovations, including the addition of new seating areas, hospitality suites, and improved facilities for fans and visitors. It has become a significant landmark in the city of Coventry and an important venue for sports, entertainment, and cultural events.
Coventry Building Society Arena Seating Plan 2023
The seating plan at the Coventry Building Society Arena varies depending on the event being hosted. However, the arena has a total seating capacity of 32,609 for football matches and 32,000 for rugby matches. The Ricoh Arena seating plan easy to understand to visitors :
The North Stand is a single-tiered structure that can be found at the north end of the field, behind the goal.
The East Stand is made up of a single-tiered section of seating with a steep gradient. As a result, even the seats farthest from the action have the impression of being quite close to the pitch.
The South Stand is a one-tiered stand that faces The North Stand and tends to house away fans in the Western corner, as its name suggests.
The West Stand : The only section of the ground with two tiers separated by a row of executive boxes is the West Stand. Because it houses the dugouts, the players’ tunnel, and the hospitality suites, this is regarded as the stadium’s main stand.
For football matches, the seating plan is divided into four main stands: the East Stand, the South Stand, the West Stand, and the North Stand. The East Stand is usually reserved for away supporters, while the other three stands are for home supporters.
For rugby matches, the seating plan is divided into the East Stand, South Stand, West Stand, and North Stand, with the West Stand and South Stand usually reserved for home supporters and the East Stand and North Stand for away supporters. The arena also has several hospitality and conference suites located around the stadium, which can accommodate between 10 and 700 guests. These suites provide a premium experience for visitors, with luxurious seating, private bars, and catering services.
The seating plan at the Coventry Building Society Arena is designed to provide comfortable and accessible seating for visitors, with excellent views of the field or stage from every seat in the stadium.
Coventry Building Society Arena Ticket Price
The ticket prices for events at the Coventry Building Society Arena can vary depending on the event being hosted and the seating location chosen by the ticket buyer. The Ricoh Arena ticket price depend on the matches.
For football matches, ticket prices can range from around £20 to £35 for adults, with discounts available for children and seniors. The prices can also vary based on the significance of the match and the popularity of the teams involved.
For rugby matches, ticket prices can range from around £15 to £50 for adults, with similar discounts available for children and seniors. Again, prices can vary depending on the significance of the match and the popularity of the teams involved.
Ticket prices for concerts and other events at the arena can also vary greatly depending on the artist or event, with prices ranging from around £30 to over £100 per ticket.
It’s worth noting that ticket prices can also be affected by factors such as the time of year, demand for the event, and availability of tickets. It’s always a good idea to check the arena’s official website or ticketing websites for specific events to get accurate and up-to-date information on ticket prices.
Coventry Building Society Arena Ticket Booking
To book tickets for events at the Coventry Building Society Arena, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official website of the Coventry Building Society Arena or a third-party ticketing website such as Ticketmaster, See Tickets, or AXS.
- Search for the event you wish to attend and select the date and time of the event.
- Choose the seating location you prefer and the number of tickets you want to purchase.
- Review the price and any additional fees or charges associated with the ticket purchase.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, email address, and billing information.
- Confirm your purchase and complete the payment process.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket details.
- If you purchased physical tickets, they will be delivered to your address. If you purchased e-tickets, you will receive them via email and can print them out or display them on your mobile device at the event.
It’s important to read and understand the terms and conditions of the ticket sale before making your purchase, as some events may have specific rules or restrictions. It’s also a good idea to book your tickets early to ensure that you get the best available seats and avoid disappointment.
Coventry Building Society Arena Parking
The Coventry Building Society Arena has a number of parking options available for visitors, including both on-site and off-site parking. TheCoventry Building Society Arena parking layout has given for the visitors help
On-site parking is available at the arena, with spaces for over 2,000 cars. The on-site car parks are located around the arena and are usually open for several hours before the start of the event. The parking charges can vary depending on the event, but they typically range from around £5 to £10 per vehicle.
Off-site parking is also available near the arena, with several private car parks and public parking spaces within walking distance of the arena. These car parks may offer slightly cheaper parking rates, but they may require a longer walk to the arena.
It’s worth noting that the availability of parking at the Coventry Building Society Arena can vary depending on the event being hosted and the time of day. It’s always a good idea to check the arena’s official website or contact the arena directly to confirm parking options and rates for a specific event. Additionally, visitors are advised to arrive early to ensure they can secure a parking space and avoid delays in entering the arena.
How to reach Coventry Building Society Arena
The Coventry Building Society Arena is located in the Rowleys Green area of Coventry, England. Here are some of the ways to reach the arena:
- By car: The arena is easily accessible by car, with several major roads and motorways nearby, including the M6, M69, and A444. Visitors can use the postcode CV6 6GE for satellite navigation systems.
- By train: Coventry train station is the closest station to the arena, located around 3.5 miles away. Visitors can take a taxi or a bus from the train station to the arena.
- By bus: Several local bus routes operate near the arena, including routes 4, 5, 6, and 20. The bus stops closest to the arena are located on Hen Lane and Rowleys Green Lane.
- By taxi: Taxis are readily available throughout Coventry and can be used to reach the arena from various locations.
It’s always a good idea to plan your route in advance and allow plenty of time to reach the arena, especially during peak traffic times or when attending events with large crowds. The arena’s official website may also provide additional information on transport options and directions.
Coventry Building Society Arena Facilities
The Coventry Building Society Arena offers a range of facilities and amenities to ensure that visitors have an enjoyable and comfortable experience. Some of the key facilities at the arena include:
- Seating: The arena can accommodate up to 32,609 visitors, with a range of seating options available, including general admission, premium seating, and VIP hospitality.
- Food and drink: The arena offers a variety of food and drink options, including fast food outlets, bars, and restaurants. There are also several catering options available for private events and functions.
- Merchandise: Visitors can purchase official merchandise for the events at the arena from the on-site gift shop or online store.
- Accessibility: The arena is fully accessible for visitors with disabilities, with dedicated parking spaces, wheelchair access, and accessible seating options.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the arena, allowing visitors to stay connected during events.
- First aid: The arena has trained first aid staff on site to assist visitors in case of emergency.
- Parking: The arena offers both on-site and off-site parking options for visitors, with over 2,000 parking spaces available on site.
- Accommodation: There are several hotels and accommodations located near the arena for visitors who need to stay overnight.
The Coventry Building Society Arena offers a range of facilities and services to ensure that visitors have a safe, enjoyable, and memorable experience.