Craven Cottage is a football stadium located in Fulham, London, England. It is the home ground of Fulham Football Club and has a capacity of 19,000 spectators. The stadium has a rich history and is known for its unique architecture and riverside location. Craven Cottage was originally built in 1896 and has undergone several renovations and upgrades since then. The Craven Cottage Stadium is divided into four stands: the Johnny Haynes Stand, the Riverside Stand, the Hammersmith End, and the Putney End. The Johnny Haynes Stand is the main stand and is named after Fulham legend Johnny Haynes.
One of the standout features of Craven Cottage is its location on the banks of the River Thames. The Riverside Stand offers spectacular views of the river and is a popular spot for fans and visitors to take photos and enjoy the scenery. The Hammersmith End and Putney End stands are located behind the goals and offer a lively atmosphere on match days. Craven Cottage has hosted several notable matches and events over the years, including World Cup matches in 1966 and 1996. The stadium has also been used for concerts and other events.
In addition to its football facilities, Craven Cottage also has several hospitality areas and event spaces available for hire. These include the George Cohen Lounge, McBride’s Bar, and the Chairman’s Club, among others. Craven Cottage is a historic and iconic football stadium with a unique location and atmosphere. It is a popular destination for football fans and visitors to London alike.
Craven Cottage Stadium History
Craven Cottage has a rich and fascinating history, spanning over a century of football and cultural events. The stadium was originally built in 1896 and was named after a nearby cottage called “Craven Cottage”.The first football match played at the stadium was a friendly between Fulham and Minerva in 1896, which ended in a 4-0 win for Fulham. Craven Cottage has been the home ground of Fulham Football Club since 1896, making it one of the oldest football stadiums in London. The stadium has undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years, including the addition of the Johnny Haynes Stand in 1905 and the Riverside Stand in 1972.
During World War II, Craven Cottage was used as an anti-aircraft gun site and suffered extensive damage from bombing raids.In 1966, Craven Cottage hosted several matches of the World Cup, including a quarter-final between England and Argentina.In 1975, a statue of former Fulham player Johnny Haynes was unveiled outside the stadium. The statue was later moved to the Johnny Haynes Stand in 2008.
In 2002, the stadium underwent a major redevelopment, which included the addition of the Hammersmith End and Putney End stands and the removal of the old Cottage and Stevenage Road stand. Craven Cottage has also been used for other cultural events, such as concerts by artists such as Elton John, Pink Floyd, and Michael Jackson. Craven Cottage has played a significant role in the history of football and culture in London. Its unique location and architecture make it a beloved and iconic stadium, cherished by Fulham fans and football enthusiasts around the world.
Craven Cottage Stadium Seating Plan 2023
Craven Cottage Stadium has a seating capacity of 19,000 and features four stands: the Johnny Haynes Stand, the Riverside Stand, the Hammersmith End, and the Putney End. Here is a breakdown of the seating plan for each stand:
- Johnny Haynes Stand: This is the main stand at Craven Cottage and runs along one side of the pitch. It features two tiers and offers premium seating options, including executive boxes and hospitality areas. The stand has a capacity of approximately 5,000 spectators.
- Riverside Stand: This stand is located opposite the Johnny Haynes Stand and runs along the River Thames. It offers spectacular views of the river and is a popular spot for fans and visitors to take photos. The stand has a capacity of approximately 4,000 spectators.
- Hammersmith End: This stand is located behind one of the goals and is a popular spot for Fulham fans. It has a capacity of approximately 6,000 spectators.
- Putney End: This stand is located behind the other goal and is also a popular spot for Fulham fans. It has a capacity of approximately 4,000 spectators.
The cottage offers a unique and intimate match day experience for fans, with excellent sightlines and a lively atmosphere. Whether you prefer premium seating options or a spot in the stands with the passionate Fulham faithful, there is a seating option to suit every fan’s preference.
Craven Cottage Stadium Ticket Price
Ticket prices for events at Craven Cottage Stadium can vary depending on the event, seating category, and availability. Here is a general guide to ticket prices at the stadium:
- Premier League matches: Ticket prices for Premier League matches typically range from around £30 to £75 depending on the seating category and the opponent.
- Cup matches: Ticket prices for cup matches, such as FA Cup or League Cup matches, can vary depending on the round and the opponent. Prices may range from around £20 to £60.
- Non-Football events: Ticket prices for non-football events, such as concerts or other sporting events, may vary depending on the event and availability. Prices may range from around £20 to £100 or more.
It is important to note that these prices are a general guide, and actual ticket prices may vary depending on the specific event and availability. It is recommended to check the official Fulham Football Club website for the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Craven Cottage stadium Ticket Booking
Tickets for Craven Cottage Stadium events can be purchased through various channels. Here are some options for booking tickets:
- Official Club Website: The easiest and most reliable way to book tickets is through the official Fulham Football Club website. You can purchase tickets online and choose your preferred seat, or you can call the ticket office to book over the phone. Here are the steps to book tickets for an event at Craven Cottage Stadium:
- Visit the official Fulham Football Club website and navigate to the Tickets section.
- Select the event you wish to attend and choose your preferred seating category.
- Choose the number of tickets you require and add them to your cart.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, address, and contact details.
- Select your preferred payment method and enter your payment information.
- Review your order and confirm your purchase.
- Once your purchase is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket details.
- Ticket Resellers: There are several online ticket resellers that offer tickets for Craven Cottage events, such as Ticketmaster and StubHub. However, prices and availability may vary, and it is important to ensure that the seller is reputable.
- On the Day: It is sometimes possible to purchase tickets on the day of the event at the stadium ticket office, subject to availability. However, this is not guaranteed, and popular events may sell out in advance.
It is recommended to book tickets in advance to avoid disappointment, especially for popular events. It is also important to check the official website for information on ticket prices, availability, and any potential restrictions or requirements for entry.
Craven Cottage Stadium Parking Options
Craven Cottage stadium is located in Fulham, London, and offers limited parking options on-site. Here are some parking options for visitors:
- Fulham Broadway Car Park: This is a public car park located about 1.5 miles from the stadium. It is open 24 hours and offers both hourly and daily rates.
- Putney Bridge Car Park: This is another public car park located about 1.5 miles from the stadium. It is open 24 hours and offers both hourly and daily rates.
- Parking on nearby streets: Visitors can also look for street parking in nearby residential areas. However, parking regulations and restrictions may apply, and it may be difficult to find a spot on match days.
- Public Transportation: As an alternative to driving and parking, visitors can use public transportation. Craven Cottage is located near several tube stations, including Putney Bridge, Parsons Green, and Fulham Broadway, as well as various bus routes.
It is recommended to check with the stadium for more information on parking and transportation options as availability may vary depending on the event.
How to reach Craven Cottage Stadium Fulham
Craven Cottage Stadium is located in Fulham, London, and can be reached by several modes of transportation. Here are some ways to get there:
- By Tube: The nearest tube station to the stadium is Putney Bridge on the District Line, which is about a 10-minute walk away. Alternatively, Parsons Green and Fulham Broadway tube stations are also within walking distance.
- By Bus: Several bus routes serve the area, including the 14, 22, 74, 220, and 430. The closest bus stop to the stadium is Craven Cottage, which is served by the 74 and 220 buses.
- By Train: The nearest train station is Putney Station, which is about a 20-minute walk from the stadium. From there, visitors can take a bus or taxi to the stadium.
- By Car: Visitors can also drive to the stadium, but parking is limited on site. It is recommended to use public transportation if possible.
It’s always a good idea to check the stadium’s website for the most up-to-date transportation information and any potential disruptions.
Craven Cottage Stadium Facilities
Craven Cottage Stadium, located in Fulham, London, offers several facilities for visitors. Here are some of the main facilities available:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of around 19,000, with several stands offering different views of the pitch.
- Food and Drink: There are several food and drink options available throughout the stadium, including fast food outlets and bars serving beer, wine, and soft drinks.
- Toilets: The stadium has multiple toilet facilities, including accessible facilities for disabled visitors.
- Accessible Seating: The stadium offers accessible seating options for disabled visitors, including wheelchair spaces and seats with enhanced access.
- Merchandise: There are several merchandise outlets in the stadium selling official team merchandise, including replica shirts, scarves, and other souvenirs.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the stadium for visitors to use.
- Tours: Visitors can also take guided tours of the stadium to learn about its history and see behind-the-scenes areas.
It is recommended to check with the stadium for the most up-to-date information on facilities, as availability may vary depending on the event.