Odsal Stadium is a sports stadium located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. The stadium was originally built in 1933 as the home ground for the Bradford Northern Rugby League Football Club, which is now known as the Bradford Bulls. The Odsal stadium also known as Grattan Stadium Odsal because of sponsorship by taken from retail company Grattan from 2006 to 2010. The Odsal Stadium has a seating capacity of around 26,000, making it one of the largest rugby league stadiums in the world. In addition to hosting rugby league matches, Odsal Stadium has also been used for a variety of other sporting and non-sporting events over the years. These have included football, speedway, wrestling, boxing, and music concerts.
The stadium has undergone several renovations and redevelopments over the years, including the addition of new stands, floodlights, and a giant electronic scoreboard. However, it has also faced various challenges, including financial difficulties and concerns about its safety and suitability for modern sporting events. In recent years, there have been plans to redevelop Odsal Stadium and improve its facilities. These have included proposals for a new state-of-the-art stadium to be built on the same site, as well as plans for a major overhaul of the existing stadium. However, as of 2021, the future of the stadium remains uncertain.
Odsal Stadium History
Odsal Stadium has a rich and varied history, spanning almost 90 years. In 1933 Odsal Stadium is built by Bradford City Council as the new home ground for the Bradford Northern Rugby League Football Club. It replaces the club’s previous home ground at Birch Lane. The stadium hosts its first international rugby league match, with England taking on Other Nationalities in 1954. Odsal Stadium hosts its first Rugby League Challenge Cup final, with Wakefield Trinity beating Wigan 25-10 in front of a crowd of over 84,000. The stadium sets a new record for the highest attendance at a Rugby League Challenge Cup final, with 102,569 people watching Leeds beat Wakefield Trinity 16-10.
Odsal Stadium hosts the first-ever Rugby League World Cup final, with Australia beating England 25-12. The stadium undergoes a major redevelopment, which includes the construction of a new South Stand and a giant electronic scoreboard. Odsal Stadium hosts match for the Rugby League World Cup, including the opening ceremony and a semi-final match between Australia and Wales. The stadium faces financial difficulties and is put up for sale by the Bradford Bulls, with the club citing declining attendance and rising costs as factors. Plans are announced for a major overhaul of Odsal Stadium, including the construction of a new North Stand and improvements to other parts of the stadium. However, these plans are put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021 The future of Odsal Stadium remains uncertain, with ongoing discussions about potential redevelopment and funding issues. The Bradford Bulls continue to play their home matches at the stadium.
Odsal Stadium Seating Plan 2023 Bradford
The Odsal Stadium is a sports stadium located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. The stadium has a capacity of 26,019, making it one of the largest rugby league stadiums in the United Kingdom. It has been the home of the Bradford Bulls rugby league team since the 1930s, and it has also hosted other sporting events such as speedway and stock car racing.
As for the seating plan of Odsal Stadium, it has undergone various changes throughout the years, so it would depend on the specific event being held. However, typically the stadium has four stands: the North Stand, the East Stand, the South Stand, and the West Stand. The South Stand is the largest and can accommodate over 10,000 spectators.
The stadium has four stands, each with its own name:
- The North Stand – also known as the Rooley Avenue Stand, this stand runs alongside Rooley Avenue and is where the players’ tunnel is located.
- The East Stand – also known as the Carnegie Stand, is the main stand of the stadium and houses the changing rooms, corporate boxes, and press facilities.
- The South Stand – also known as the Bradford End, this stand is behind the goalposts and is where the home supporters gather.
- The West Stand – also known as the Manchester Road End, this stand is behind the opposite goalposts and is where the away supporters gather.
The seating capacity of each stand can vary depending on the event being held at the stadium. It is always recommended to check with the specific event organizers or the stadium directly for the most up-to-date information regarding seating and stand capacity.
Odsal Stadium Ticket Price Bradford
The Odsal stadium Ticket prices depend on the events and games. There are no prices that are fixed. However, it is suggested that check the official website or social media pages of the stadium or the sports team that uses the stadium to get the latest information on ticket prices for upcoming events or games. Alternatively, you can check online ticketing platforms or contact the stadium box office directly for more information on ticket prices.
Odsal Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
The procedure for booking tickets for events at Odsal Stadium may vary depending on the event and the ticketing platform being used. However, here is a general guide on how to book tickets for an event at Odsal Stadium:
- Check the official website or social media pages of the event organizer or the Bradford Bulls to find out about upcoming events at Odsal Stadium.
- Once you have identified the event you want to attend, go to the official ticketing platform for the event. This could be the club’s own ticketing platform or a third-party ticketing provider.
- Choose the date and type of event you want to attend, and select the number of tickets you require.
- Select the seating section you prefer, and then choose the specific seats you want to book. Some ticketing platforms may allow you to view a seating map to help you select your seats.
- Provide your personal information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Choose your preferred payment method and enter your payment details. Most ticketing platforms accept major credit cards and some may also accept other payment methods like PayPal or Apple Pay.
- Review your booking details and confirm that everything is correct.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, you should receive a confirmation email or e-ticket with all the details of your booking.
- On the day of the event, bring your e-ticket or printed ticket with you to gain entry to the stadium.
Odsal Stadium Parking Options
There are several parking options available for visitors to Odsal Stadium, depending on the event and the location of the parking area. Here are some parking options that are typically available:
- Odsal Stadium car park: The stadium has its own car park, which is located near the stadium entrance. This car park may be available to visitors for a fee, depending on the event.
- Nearby street parking: There are several residential streets located near the stadium, where visitors may be able to find free street parking. However, it is important to check local parking restrictions and regulations before parking on the street.
- Off-site car parks: There are several off-site car parks located within a short distance of the stadium, which may offer parking for a fee. These car parks are typically operated by private companies or local businesses.
- Public transport: Visitors to Odsal Stadium may choose to use public transport to travel to and from the stadium, which can eliminate the need for parking altogether. There are several bus routes that serve the stadium, and the closest train station is Bradford Interchange, which is located approximately 3 miles away.
It is recommended to check the event organizer or the Bradford Bulls’ official website or social media pages for information on parking options for a specific event.
How to reach Odsal Stadium Bradford
Odsal Stadium is located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, and can be reached by various modes of transportation. Here are some common ways to reach Odsal Stadium:
- By Car: Visitors traveling by car can reach Odsal Stadium via the M606 motorway. The stadium has its own car park, which is located near the stadium entrance.
- By Train: The closest train station to Odsal Stadium is Bradford Interchange, which is located approximately 3 miles away. Visitors can then take a bus or taxi to the stadium.
- By Bus: There are several bus routes that serve Odsal Stadium, operated by local bus companies such as First Bradford and Arriva Yorkshire. Visitors can check the bus timetables and routes on the companies’ websites or use online journey planners to plan their route.
- By Taxi: Visitors can take a taxi to Odsal Stadium from Bradford Interchange or other nearby locations. There are several local taxi companies that operate in the area.
It is recommended to check the event organizer or the Bradford Bulls’ official website or social media pages for information on the best transportation options for a specific event, as well as any relevant directions or parking information.
Odsal Stadium Facilities
Odsal Stadium has a range of facilities for visitors, including:
- Seating: The stadium has a capacity of up to 27,000 spectators and has several seating sections available, including covered and uncovered areas.
- Food and Beverage: There are several food and beverage options available at the stadium, including bars, restaurants, and food stands. The options available may vary depending on the event.
- Toilets: The stadium has multiple toilet blocks located throughout the venue, including accessible toilets.
- Accessibility: Odsal Stadium has wheelchair-accessible seating areas and toilets, as well as designated parking areas for visitors with disabilities. There are also hearing loops available in certain areas.
- Retail: There is a club shop at the stadium where visitors can purchase official merchandise and souvenirs.
- Medical facilities: There are medical facilities available at the stadium, including first aid stations and trained medical personnel.
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the stadium for visitors.
- Hospitality suites: Odsal Stadium has several hospitality suites available for hire, which can provide a more exclusive and private experience for visitors.
The facilities available at Odsal Stadium may vary depending on the event, and it is recommended to check with the event organizer or the Bradford Bulls’ official website or social media pages for the latest information.