The KCOM Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Hull, East Yorkshire, England. It is the home stadium of both Hull City Football Club and Hull FC Rugby League Club. The Stadium also knows as the Hull City Stadium. Previously this stadium was called the KC Stadium and in April 2016 this stadium was renamed after rebranding it called KCOM stadium. In 2021 MKM building sponsorship for this stadium is known as the MKM stadium. The stadium was opened in 2002, replacing Hull FC’s previous ground, the Boulevard, and Hull City’s former home, Boothferry Park. It has a seating capacity of 25,586 and is one of the largest stadiums in the region.
In addition to football and rugby league, the KCOM Stadium has also hosted rugby union, boxing, and concerts by various artists, including Elton John, Bon Jovi, and Rihanna. The stadium is owned by Hull City Council and is managed by Hull City’s parent company, Assem Allam’s Allamhouse Ltd. The stadium’s naming rights have been sold several times since its opening, with the current sponsor being KCOM Group, a telecommunications company based in Hull.
MKM Stadium History
The KCOM Stadium was built to replace the Boothferry Park and The Boulevard stadiums, which were the former homes of Hull City and Hull FC, respectively. The project to build the KCOM Stadium was initiated in the late 1990s, with the aim of creating a modern, multi-purpose stadium that could accommodate both football and rugby league. Construction began in 2000, and the stadium was officially opened in December 2002 by then-Prime Minister Tony Blair. The project was largely funded by Hull City Council, which contributed £42 million to the construction costs.
The stadium was originally named the KC Stadium, after its main sponsor, telecommunications company Kingston Communications. The company paid £5 million for the naming rights, which were initially granted for 25 years. In addition to hosting football and rugby league matches, the KCOM Stadium has also been used for rugby union games, as well as concerts and other events. Notable artists who have performed at the stadium include Elton John, Bon Jovi, and Pink.
In 2017, the stadium’s naming rights were sold to KCOM Group, another telecommunications company based in Hull, for an undisclosed sum. The stadium was subsequently renamed the KCOM Stadium.
MKM Stadium Seating Plan 2023
The KCOM Stadium has a seating capacity of 25,586, and the seating plan is arranged in four stands, as follows:
- The West Stand: This stand is located on the west side of the stadium and is the main stand. It has three tiers of seating, including executive boxes and hospitality suites, and is the most expensive area of the stadium.
- The East Stand: This stand is located on the east side of the stadium and has two tiers of seating. It is the second-largest stand in the stadium and also includes executive boxes and hospitality suites.
- The North Stand: This stand is located behind one of the goals and has a single tier of seating. It is primarily used by Hull FC fans during rugby league matches and by away fans during football matches.
- The South Stand: This stand is located behind the other goal and has two tiers of seating. It is primarily used by Hull City fans during football matches and by away fans during rugby league matches.
In addition to the standard seating areas, the MKM Stadium also has wheelchair-accessible seating areas, as well as dedicated seating areas for supporters with other disabilities.
MKM Stadium Ticket Price List
The KCOM stadium ticket prices for events can vary depending on the type of event and the seating area. For football matches, Hull City FC usually offers a range of ticket prices starting from around £12 for adults and £6 for children, with prices increasing for premium seating areas such as the West Stand.
Here is a rough guide to the ticket prices for different events at the KCOM Stadium:
- Football matches: Ticket prices for Hull City FC matches typically start from around £12 for adults and £6 for children. Prices for premium seating areas such as the West Stand can be significantly higher, often reaching up to £40 or more.
- Rugby league matches: Ticket prices for Hull FC matches usually start at around £22 for adults and £10 for children, with prices increasing for premium seating areas.
- Concerts and other events: Ticket prices for concerts and other events at the KCOM Stadium can vary greatly depending on the performer and the popularity of the event. Prices for these events can range from around £20 to £100 or more for premium seating areas.
It’s important to note that these prices are just estimates and may vary depending on the specific event, the seating area, and other factors. It’s best to check the official website or contact the ticket office directly for up-to-date information on ticket prices for a specific event.
MKM Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
The KCOM Stadium ticket booking procedure depends on the event and the organizer. However, here are the general steps to book tickets for an event at the stadium:
- Visit the official website of the KCOM Stadium or the ticketing provider for the event you are interested in attending.
- Find the event: Look for the event you want to attend and click on it to see the available ticket options.
- Choose your seats: Select the seating area and the number of tickets you require. You may be able to view the seating plan and choose specific seats or select a section.
- Create an account: If you don’t already have an account with the ticketing provider, you may need to create one by providing your personal details such as name, address, and email.
- Make payment: Choose your preferred payment method and complete the payment process. You may be able to pay using a credit or debit card, PayPal, or other payment options.
- Receive your tickets: After your payment is confirmed, your tickets will be sent to you via email or can be collected from the stadium’s ticket office on the day of the event.
It’s important to note that the specific booking procedure may vary depending on the event and the ticketing provider. Always check the official website or contact the ticket office directly for specific information on the booking procedure for the event you are interested in attending.
MKM Stadium Parking Options
There are several KCOM Stadium parking options for visitors attending events at the stadium. Here are some of the options:
- Walton Street car park: This is a large car park located just a short walk away from the KCOM Stadium. The car park is operated by Hull City Council and offers affordable parking rates. It costs around £3.50 for parking up to four hours and around £5 for parking up to eight hours.
- Hull City Centre car parks: There are several car parks located in Hull city centre that are within walking distance of the KCOM Stadium. These include the St Stephen’s Shopping Centre car park, the Princes Quay car park, and the Hull Truck Theatre car park. Prices vary depending on the car park and the length of stay.
- Street parking: There are several streets around the KCOM Stadium where visitors can park for free or at a reduced cost. However, it’s important to check the parking restrictions and signage in the area as some streets may have limited parking or require a resident’s permit.
- Public transport: Visitors can also use public transport options such as buses and trains to get to the KCOM Stadium. There are several bus routes that stop near the stadium, and Hull Paragon Interchange train station is just a short walk away.
It’s important to plan your parking ahead of time, especially for events with high attendance, as parking spaces can fill up quickly. Always check the official website or contact the stadium directly for up-to-date information on parking options and pricing.
How to Reach KCOM Stadium
The KCOM Stadium is located in Hull, East Yorkshire, and can be reached by various modes of transportation. Here are some of the ways to reach the stadium:
- By car: Visitors can reach the KCOM Stadium by car via the A63 motorway. There is a large car park at the stadium operated by APCOA Parking, which can accommodate over 800 vehicles.
- By train: Hull Paragon Interchange train station is located just a short walk away from the KCOM Stadium. The station is served by several train operators, including Hull Trains and TransPennine Express.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near the KCOM Stadium, including the 4, 7, 8, and 13 buses. Visitors can also use the Park and Ride service operated by Hull City Council, which provides a shuttle bus service to the stadium on event days.
- By taxi: Visitors can also reach the KCOM Stadium by taxi, with several taxi companies operating in the Hull area.
It’s important to plan your journey ahead of time, especially for events with high attendance, as public transport can become crowded. Always check the official website or contact the stadium directly for up-to-date information on transport options and routes.
MKM Stadium Facilities
The MKM Stadium, formerly known as the KCOM Stadium, offers a range of facilities to visitors attending events at the stadium. Here are some of the facilities:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of over 25,000 and offers a range of seating options, including standard seating, executive boxes, and hospitality suites.
- Concessions: There are several food and drink concessions located throughout the stadium, offering a variety of hot and cold food options and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Toilets: The stadium has toilet facilities located throughout the stadium, including accessible toilets and baby changing facilities.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium offers free Wi-Fi to visitors, allowing them to stay connected and share their experiences on social media.
- Disabled access: The stadium is fully accessible for disabled visitors, with disabled parking spaces, wheelchair-accessible seating, and accessible toilets.
- Retail: The stadium has a retail store located inside the stadium selling official merchandise for Hull City Football Club and Hull FC Rugby League Club.
- Conference and events: The stadium has a range of conference and event facilities, including meeting rooms, exhibition space, and hospitality suites, making it a popular venue for corporate events and conferences.
It’s important to check the official website or contact the stadium directly for up-to-date information on facilities and services available during specific events or occasions.