Valley Parade is a football stadium located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. It is the home stadium of Bradford City AFC and has a seating capacity of 25,136. Valley Parade was first opened in 1886 and has undergone several renovations and refurbishments since then. The stadium was largely destroyed by a tragic fire in 1985, which claimed the lives of 56 people and injured hundreds more. Following the fire, the stadium was rebuilt and reopened in 1986, with improved safety measures and facilities.
Today, Valley Parade is a modern and well-equipped stadium, with excellent facilities for both spectators and players. In addition to hosting football matches, the stadium has also been used for other sporting events, concerts, and conferences.
Valley Parade Stadium History
The Valley Parade stadium has a rich and storied history, with many notable events and moments taking place over the years. The stadium was first opened in 1886 and has been the home of Bradford City AFC since 1903. Over the years, Valley Parade has undergone several renovations and refurbishments, with major upgrades taking place in the 1950s, 1970s, and 1990s.
One of the most significant events in the stadium’s history was the tragic fire that occurred on May 11, 1985. During a match between Bradford City and Lincoln City, a fire broke out in the Main Stand of the stadium, which quickly spread and engulfed the entire stand. The fire claimed the lives of 56 people and injured hundreds more, making it one of the deadliest stadium disasters in history.
Following the fire, the stadium was rebuilt and reopened in 1986, with improved safety measures and facilities. Today, a memorial stands outside the stadium to commemorate those who lost their lives in the tragedy. Over the years, Valley Parade has played host to many memorable matches and events. In 1911, the stadium hosted the FA Cup final between Bradford City and Newcastle United, with Bradford City winning 1-0. In 1966, Valley Parade was used as a training ground by the England national football team ahead of the World Cup.
In addition to football matches, the stadium has also been used for other sporting events, concerts, and conferences. It is an iconic part of Bradford’s cultural heritage and continues to be an important part of the city’s sporting and social scene.
Valley Parade Seating Plan 2023
Valley Parade has a seating capacity of 25,136, with seating available in four main stands: the JCT 600 Stand, the TL Dallas Stand, the Northern Commercials Stand, and the Kop Stand. Here is an overview of the Valley Parade Seating Chart for each stand:
- JCT 600 Stand: Located on the western side of the stadium, the JCT 600 Stand is the newest stand in Valley Parade. It is a two-tiered stand that has a capacity of 7,500 seats. The lower tier of the stand is covered, while the upper tier is open to the elements. The JCT 600 Stand is the primary location for home supporters.
- TL Dallas Stand: Located on the southern side of the stadium, the TL Dallas Stand is a two-tiered stand that has a capacity of 5,000 seats. The lower tier is covered, while the upper tier is open to the elements. The TL Dallas Stand is primarily used for away supporters.
- Northern Commercials Stand: Located on the eastern side of the stadium, the Northern Commercials Stand is a single-tiered stand that has a capacity of 7,500 seats. The stand is fully covered and has a number of executive boxes and hospitality areas.
- Kop Stand: Located on the northern side of the stadium, the Kop Stand is a single-tiered stand that has a capacity of 5,136 seats. The stand is fully covered and is known for its passionate and vocal home supporters.
In addition to the four main stands, there is also a family area located in the TL Dallas Stand, which provides a family-friendly environment for spectators with children. The seating plan for Valley Parade may vary depending on the event being held, so it’s recommended to check with the event’s official website for more detailed information.
Valley Parade Stadium Ticket Price
Ticket prices for Valley Parade stadium can vary depending on the event being held and the seating area selected. Generally, ticket prices for Bradford City AFC home matches range from £20 to £25 for adults, with reduced prices available for concessions such as seniors, students, and children. Family tickets are also available, providing discounted entry for families attending matches together.
For non-football events such as concerts or conferences, ticket prices may vary depending on the event and the seating area selected. It’s recommended to check with the event’s official website or ticketing platform for more detailed information about ticket prices.
However, as per the knowledge cutoff date, here’s a general overview of the ticket prices for Bradford City AFC home matches at Valley Parade:
- Adults: £20-£25
- Seniors (60+): £15-£20
- Students: £15-£20
- Juniors (11-15): £10-£15
- Under 11s: £5-£10
Family tickets are also available, which typically include two adult tickets and two junior tickets for a discounted price. Ticket prices may vary depending on the match and the seating area selected. It’s worth noting that ticket prices may also be affected by factors such as the level of competition, the popularity of the teams involved, and the importance of the match. It’s always a good idea to book tickets in advance, as prices may increase closer to the event.
Valley Parade Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
The ticket booking procedure for Valley Parade stadium varies depending on the event being held. Here are the general steps for booking tickets for Bradford City AFC home matches:
- Visit the official Bradford City AFC website or ticketing platform to see the upcoming fixtures.
- Select the match you want to attend and choose your preferred seating area. Ticket prices may vary depending on the location of the seat.
- Provide your personal details, such as your name, contact information, and any relevant information for concessions or accessible seating requirements.
- Review your order and proceed to payment. Payment options may include credit/debit cards, PayPal, or other online payment methods.
- Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your e-ticket attached. Be sure to print out your e-ticket or have it ready on your mobile device for entry to the stadium.
It’s recommended to book tickets in advance to secure your desired seating area and to avoid any last-minute price increases or sold-out events. If you encounter any issues with the booking process or have any questions, contact the official Bradford City AFC ticketing office for assistance.
Valley Parade Parking Options
Valley Parade stadium is located in the heart of Bradford, which means parking can be limited. However, there are a few parking options available for fans attending events at the stadium:
- Official stadium parking: Valley Parade has its own on-site car park, located on Holywell Ash Lane. Spaces are limited, so it’s recommended to book in advance if possible. You can book parking through the Bradford City AFC website or ticketing platform.
- Nearby car parks: There are several car parks located within a short walk of the stadium, including the St. George’s Hall car park and the NCP car park on Hall Ings. These car parks may get busy during events, so it’s recommended to arrive early to secure a spot.
- Street parking: There are some street parking options available near the stadium, although availability may vary depending on the time of day and any local parking restrictions. Be sure to check for any parking signs or restrictions before leaving your car.
It’s also worth noting that public transportation is a convenient option for getting to Valley Parade stadium. There are several bus routes that stop near the stadium, as well as a train station (Bradford Forster Square) located just a short walk away.
How to Reach Valley Parade Stadium
Valley Parade stadium is located in the city center of Bradford, making it easily accessible by various modes of transportation. Here are some of the ways you can reach the stadium:
- By car: Valley Parade is located just off the A6177, which connects to the M606 motorway. Follow signs for the city centre and then for the stadium.
- By train: Bradford Forster Square railway station is located just a short walk away from Valley Parade stadium. Regular train services run to Bradford from major cities in the UK, including Leeds, Manchester, and London.
- By bus: There are several bus routes that stop near Valley Parade stadium, including the 268, 640, and 681. The stadium is also within walking distance of Bradford Interchange bus station.
- By taxi or ride-hailing service: Taxis and ride-hailing services are available throughout Bradford, making it easy to get to and from the stadium. There are taxi ranks located near the stadium, or you can use apps like Uber or Bolt to request a ride.
It’s recommended to plan your journey in advance and to allow plenty of time for travel, especially if you’re attending a match or event with high attendance.
Valley Parade Stadium Facilities
Valley Parade is a football stadium located in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. The stadium is home to Bradford City A.F.C. and has a capacity of 25,136. Here are some of the facilities available at Valley Parade Stadium:
- Seating: The stadium has four stands, the JCT600 Stand, the Kop, the TL Dallas Stand, and the North West Corner. There are both covered and uncovered seating options available.
- Hospitality: Valley Parade offers various hospitality options, including suites and lounges, where guests can enjoy pre-match meals and drinks.
- Conferencing and Events: The stadium has a range of rooms available for conferences and events, including the McCall Suite and the Hendrie Suite.
- Food and Drink: The stadium has a variety of food and drink options available, including fast food outlets and bars.
- Merchandise: The club shop is located in the stadium and sells Bradford City merchandise, including replica kits, scarves, and other souvenirs.
- Disabled Access: The stadium has facilities for disabled supporters, including wheelchair-accessible seating and disabled toilets.
- Parking: There is limited parking available at the stadium, but there are several car parks nearby that can be used on match days.
- Scoreboard: There is a large electronic scoreboard located in the stadium for fans to keep track of the score.
- Training facilities: Bradford City A.F.C. also has training facilities located adjacent to the stadium.