The Darlington Arena Stadium, also known as Blackwell Meadows Stadium, is a football stadium located in Darlington, County Durham, England. The stadium was opened in 2003 and has a seating capacity of 3,360. The stadium is the home of Darlington Football Club and was built at a cost of £18 million and has a state-of-the-art playing surface and floodlights. The stadium is located in Blackwell Meadows, a residential area of Darlington, and is easily accessible by road and public transport. The stadium has four stands, including the East Stand, West Stand, South Stand, and North Stand, with a mix of covered and uncovered seating options.
The Darlington Arena stadium has a range of facilities for supporters, including hospitality suites, food and drink outlets, and merchandise shops. The stadium also has facilities for disabled supporters, including wheelchair-accessible seating and disabled toilets.
The stadium is regularly used for non-football events, including music concerts and conferences. The stadium is owned by Darlington Borough Council, who lease it to Darlington FC, and has a range of training facilities adjacent to it, including grass and artificial pitches. The stadium has a large car park located adjacent to it that can be used on match days. The Darlington Arena Stadium is a modern and well-equipped football stadium that provides a great experience for both home and away supporters.
The Darlington Arena Stadium History
The Darlington Arena Stadium, also known as Blackwell Meadows Stadium, is a relatively new football stadium that was opened in 2003. Here is some history about the stadium:
- Prior to the opening of the Darlington Arena Stadium, Darlington FC played at Feethams Stadium, which had been their home since 1883.
- In the late 1990s, the club began to investigate the possibility of building a new stadium to replace the aging Feethams Stadium.
- In 1999, the club secured a 99-year lease on a site in Blackwell Meadows, Darlington, and began work on the new stadium.
- The construction of the stadium was funded by a combination of public and private investment, including a £5.7 million grant from the National Lottery.
- The stadium was designed by AFL Architects and built by construction company Taylor Woodrow.
- The stadium was officially opened on 18 December 2003, with a friendly match between Darlington FC and a team of former Darlington players.
- The stadium has since been used as the home ground for Darlington FC, as well as a venue for non-football events such as music concerts and conferences.
- In 2012, Darlington FC went into administration, and the stadium was eventually sold to Darlington Borough Council for £3 million in 2016. Since then, the stadium has been leased back to the club, and Darlington FC continues to play its home matches at the Darlington Arena Stadium.
The Darlington Arena Stadium is a modern and well-equipped football stadium that has been an important part of the history of Darlington FC since its opening in 2003.
The Darlington Arena Stadium Seating Plan 2024
The Darlington Arena Stadium has a seating capacity of 3,360 and features four stands: the East Stand, West Stand, South Stand, and North Stand. Here is a breakdown of the seating plan for each stand:
- East Stand: This stand is located behind the goal at the east end of the stadium and is uncovered seating. It has a capacity of 840 seats.
- West Stand: This stand is located on the west side of the stadium and is covered seating. It has a capacity of 1,230 seats and includes hospitality boxes and lounges.
- South Stand: This stand is located behind the goal at the south end of the stadium and is uncovered seating. It has a capacity of 420 seats and is designated for away supporters.
- North Stand: This stand is located on the north side of the stadium and is covered seating. It has a capacity of 870 seats and includes the club’s main entrance and reception area.
In addition to the seating areas, the stadium also has facilities for disabled supporters, including wheelchair-accessible seating and disabled toilets.
The Darlington Arena Stadium Ticket Price 2024
The ticket prices for matches at the Darlington Arena Stadium can vary depending on the competition and the opponent, but here are some general guidelines for the season:
- Adult tickets for league matches typically range from £14 to £18, with prices varying depending on the stand and the opponent.
- Concession tickets (for students, seniors, and children) are usually priced at around £10 to £12 for league matches.
- For cup matches, ticket prices can be higher, with adult tickets typically ranging from £18 to £22 and concession tickets priced at around £12 to £15.
- The club also offers discounted rates for season tickets, which provide entry to all home league matches throughout the season.
- Hospitality packages are also available, which include access to a private suite or lounge, pre-match and post-match meals, and other amenities.
It’s worth noting that ticket prices may be subject to change depending on the club’s financial situation or other factors. The ticket prices at the Darlington Arena Stadium are reasonable and affordable, making it accessible for supporters of all ages and backgrounds.
The Darlington Arena Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure 2024
The booking procedure for tickets at the Darlington Arena Stadium may vary depending on the club’s policies and the specific match. However, here are some general guidelines for booking tickets:
- Visit the club’s official website to check the upcoming fixtures and ticket availability.
- Once you have identified the match you want to attend, select the stand and the seat that you prefer. You may need to create an account on the club’s website if you haven’t already done so.
- Enter your personal and payment details and complete the transaction. You may be required to choose a delivery option for your tickets, such as collection at the stadium or electronic delivery.
- After the booking is confirmed, you should receive a confirmation email or ticket confirmation page, which you should bring with you to the stadium on match day. Some clubs also offer mobile ticketing options that allow you to store your ticket on your smartphone.
- If you encounter any issues during the booking process or have any questions, you can contact the club’s ticket office or customer service team for assistance.
It’s worth noting that the booking procedure may vary depending on the specific match and the competition, so it’s always a good idea to check the club’s website or contact their ticket office for more information.
The Darlington Arena Stadium Parking Options
The Darlington Arena Stadium has a limited number of on-site parking spaces available for visitors, but there are also several alternative parking options nearby. Here are some of the parking options available:
- On-site parking: The stadium has a limited number of on-site parking spaces, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis. These spaces can be booked in advance through the club’s website or by contacting their ticket office.
- Overflow parking: If the on-site parking spaces are full, visitors can use the overflow parking area at the nearby Morrisons supermarket. This parking area is a short walk from the stadium and is available for free on match days.
- Street parking: There are several streets around the stadium where visitors can park for free, but these spaces tend to fill up quickly on match days, so it’s important to arrive early.
- Public car parks: There are several public car parks located within walking distance of the stadium, including the Dolphin Centre car park and the Queen Street car park. These car parks usually charge a fee, but they offer convenient parking options for visitors.
It’s worth noting that parking availability may vary depending on the specific match and the time of day, so it’s always a good idea to plan ahead and arrive early to secure a parking space.
How to Reach Darlington Arena Stadium
Darlington Arena Stadium is located in Darlington, County Durham, England. Here are some ways to reach the stadium:
- By Car: If you are traveling by car, you can use the postcode DL1 1RX on your GPS device to navigate to the stadium. There is ample parking available at the stadium for match-day events.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to the stadium is Darlington Station, which is approximately 2 miles away. You can take a taxi or a bus from the station to the stadium.
- By Bus: The stadium is served by several local bus routes, including the Arriva North East 2, 2A, and 12. The nearest bus stop to the stadium is on Neasham Road, which is a short walk away.
- By Air: The nearest international airport to Darlington is Newcastle Airport, which is approximately 40 miles away. From there, you can take a taxi or a train to Darlington and then follow one of the above options to reach the stadium.
It is recommended that you check the match-day information and plan your journey accordingly, as traffic and public transport services may be busier than usual during events.
The Darlington Arena Stadium Facilities
The Darlington Arena Stadium offers a range of facilities to visitors, including:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of around 25,000, with comfortable seats and excellent views of the pitch.
- Food and Drink: There are several food and drink outlets located within the stadium, offering a range of options to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Hospitality: The stadium offers a range of hospitality packages, including private suites and executive boxes, which provide a premium match-day experience.
- Parking: There is ample parking available at the stadium for match-day events, with spaces for disabled visitors and VIP guests.
- Accessibility: The stadium is fully accessible for visitors with disabilities, with designated seating areas, accessible toilets, and ramps and lifts throughout the stadium.
- Merchandise: There is a club shop located within the stadium, selling a range of official merchandise and souvenirs.
- Wi-Fi: There is free Wi-Fi available throughout the stadium, allowing visitors to stay connected and share their match-day experience with friends and family.
The Darlington Arena Stadium provides a modern, comfortable, and convenient venue for visitors to enjoy sporting events and other entertainment.