Falmer Stadium, also known as the American Express Community Stadium for sponsorship reasons, is a football stadium located in Falmer, near Brighton in England. It is the home ground of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., a professional football club that plays in the English Premier League. The stadium was opened in July 2011, after years of planning and construction. It has a total capacity of just over 30,000 seats, and features four main stands named after the club’s historic former grounds: the North Stand, South Stand, East Stand, and West Stand. Falmer Stadium is known for its innovative and sustainable design, which includes a “living roof” covered in plants to help with insulation and drainage. The stadium also features an energy-efficient lighting system, rainwater harvesting, and other eco-friendly features.
In addition to hosting football matches, Falmer Stadium is used for other events such as concerts, conferences, and community activities. It has hosted high-profile acts such as Elton John, Rod Stewart, and Beyoncé. Falmer Stadium has won several awards for its design and sustainability, including the New Stadium Project of the Year at the 2012 Stadium Business Awards and the Best Eco/Green Initiative at the 2012 Football Business Awards.
Falmer Stadium is a state-of-the-art facility that has helped to establish Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. as a major player in English football. Its innovative design and eco-friendly features make it a model for sustainable sports facilities around the world.
Falmer Stadium History
The history of Falmer Stadium, also known as the American Express Community Stadium, is closely tied to the history of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, which has undergone many changes and challenges over the years. In the early 20th century, Brighton & Hove Albion played their home matches at the Goldstone Ground, a stadium located in Hove. However, in the late 1990s, the club faced financial difficulties and was forced to sell the Goldstone Ground to pay off debts.
For many years, Brighton & Hove Albion had no permanent home ground and was forced to play its matches at various temporary locations. However, in 2005, the club announced plans to build a new stadium at Falmer, a site located just outside Brighton. The proposed stadium faced numerous legal and financial challenges, including opposition from local residents and delays in securing funding. Construction on the new stadium finally began in 2008, after the club secured funding from various sources including the Football Association, local government, and private investors. The stadium was designed by architects from KSS Design Group and built by contractors from Buckingham Group Contracting.
The stadium was officially opened on July 30, 2011, with a friendly match between Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur. The opening ceremony was attended by numerous dignitaries, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Since then, the stadium has become a beloved home ground for Brighton & Hove Albion and has also hosted many other events, including concerts and conferences. The history of Falmer Stadium is a story of perseverance and determination on the part of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club and its supporters. Despite facing numerous challenges and setbacks, the club was able to build a state-of-the-art facility that has become a beacon for sustainable sports facilities around the world.
Falmer Stadium Seating Plan
Falmer Stadium, the home ground of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., has a total capacity of just over 30,000 seats. The stadium features four main stands, each with its own unique features and amenities.
Here is a breakdown of the seating plan for Falmer Stadium:
- The North Stand is the largest stand at the stadium, with a capacity of just over 11,000 seats. It is home to the club’s most passionate supporters, who create a lively atmosphere during matches. The North Stand also features a large video screen that shows replays and other information during matches.
- The South Stand is the newest stand at the stadium, and features a state-of-the-art design with a curved roof and plenty of natural light. It has a capacity of just over 8,000 seats, and is home to the club’s family section as well as several hospitality suites.
- The East Stand is the smallest stand at the stadium, with a capacity of just over 4,000 seats. It is located behind one of the goals, and is home to the club’s away supporters during matches. The East Stand also features a large hospitality area called the 1901 Club, which offers premium seating and dining options.
- The West Stand is the main stand at the stadium, and is home to the club’s dressing rooms, media facilities, and other amenities. It has a capacity of just over 6,000 seats, and features several hospitality suites as well as the club’s official store.
Falmer Stadium’s seating plan is designed to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all fans, while also creating an electric atmosphere during matches. The stadium’s innovative design and eco-friendly features have made it a model for sustainable sports facilities around the world.
Falmer Stadium Ticket Price
The exact price list for tickets at Falmer Stadium, the home of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., can vary depending on the specific match and seat location. However, here is a general overview of the ticket prices for the 2022/2023 season:
- Adult tickets: Prices range from approximately £25 to £60 for standard adult tickets, depending on the match and seat location.
- Concession tickets: Children, seniors, and disabled supporters can often purchase tickets at a discounted rate. Prices for concession tickets can vary depending on the match and seat location, but they are generally lower than adult ticket prices.
- Hospitality packages: The club offers a range of hospitality packages for fans who want to enjoy a premium experience at the stadium. These packages include access to private suites or lounges, complimentary food and drinks, and other amenities. Prices for hospitality packages can vary depending on the package and the match.
It’s important to note that these prices are subject to change and may vary depending on the specific match and seat location. Fans can visit the official Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. website or contact the club directly to get the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Falmer Stadium Ticket Booking
The ticket booking procedure for Falmer Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., is relatively straightforward. Here are the steps to book tickets:
- Visit the official Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. website and navigate to the “Tickets” section.
- Choose the match you want to attend and select the seat location you prefer.
- Review the ticket details and price, and click “Add to basket” to proceed.
- If you have a season ticket or membership, enter your details to access any available discounts or priority booking options.
- If you don’t have a season ticket or membership, create an account and provide your personal and payment details to complete the purchase.
- Once you have confirmed the purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket details and any additional instructions for accessing the stadium on match day.
It’s important to note that ticket availability and prices can vary depending on the popularity of the match and the time of year. It’s also recommended to book tickets in advance to ensure availability, especially for high-demand matches. Alternatively, fans can also purchase tickets through authorized ticketing agents or resellers, though prices and availability may vary.
Falmer Stadium Parking
Falmer Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., has limited parking available on match days, and it’s recommended to use public transportation whenever possible. However, there are a few parking options available for fans who need to drive to the stadium.
- The stadium’s official parking: Falmer Stadium has three official car parks available for match day parking, though spaces are limited and often sell out quickly. Fans can book parking in advance on the club’s website.
- Park-and-Ride: The club offers a park-and-ride service from Brighton Racecourse, which provides easy access to the stadium via bus shuttle.
- Public transportation: The stadium is easily accessible via public transportation, including bus and train services. Brighton Railway Station is the closest train station to the stadium, and there are several bus routes that stop nearby.
- Off-site parking: There are several off-site parking options available near the stadium, including private car parks and residential parking in nearby neighborhoods. However, it’s important to note that parking restrictions are often in place on match days, and illegally parked cars may be ticketed or towed.
It’s recommended to plan ahead and arrive early on match days to allow for extra time for parking and transportation. Additionally, fans should follow any posted parking regulations and be respectful of local residents and businesses.
How to Reach Falmer Stadium
Falmer Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., is located in the Falmer area of Brighton, England. Here are some ways to reach the stadium:
- Train: The nearest train station to the stadium is Falmer Station, which is served by trains from Brighton, Lewes, and other nearby towns. From the station, it’s a short walk to the stadium.
- Bus: Several bus routes serve the stadium, including the 23, 25, 28, 29, and 50. These routes connect the stadium to Brighton, Lewes, and other nearby towns.
- Car: Fans can drive to the stadium, but it’s important to note that parking is limited on match days. The stadium is located just off the A27 Brighton bypass, and there are several car parks in the surrounding area.
- Bicycle: The stadium has bicycle parking available for fans who prefer to cycle to the game. There are also several bike routes that lead to the stadium.
It’s recommended to plan ahead and allow plenty of time to reach the stadium on match days, especially if using public transportation. Additionally, fans should check for any travel disruptions or schedule changes in advance.
Falmer Stadium Facilities
Falmer Stadium, also known as the American Express Community Stadium, is a modern stadium that offers a range of facilities for fans. Here are some of the facilities available at the stadium:
- Seating: The stadium has a seating capacity of 30,666 and offers excellent views of the pitch from all angles. The seating is split into four stands: the East Stand, West Stand, North Stand, and South Stand.
- Hospitality: The stadium offers a range of hospitality packages for fans who want to enjoy the game in style. There are several suites and lounges available, each with their own unique features and amenities.
- Food and drink: The stadium has several food and drink outlets located throughout the concourses, offering a variety of options for fans. These include hot and cold food, snacks, and beverages.
- Club shop: The stadium has a large club shop, selling a range of official merchandise for Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. fans. The shop is located in the West Stand and is open on match days and non-match days.
- Accessibility: The stadium is designed to be accessible for all fans, with wheelchair and disabled seating available in all stands. There are also several accessible parking spaces available on match days.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium offers free Wi-Fi for all fans, allowing them to stay connected during the game.
- Events: The stadium can also host a range of events, such as conferences, weddings, and parties, in its various suites and lounges.
Falmer Stadium offers a range of facilities that cater to the needs of all fans, ensuring an enjoyable and comfortable match day experience.