The Rose Bowl Stadium is a historic outdoor sports stadium located in Pasadena, California. It is best known as the home of the annual Rose Bowl Game, a college football game that is part of the College Football Playoff system and typically held on New Year’s Day. The stadium has also hosted a number of other major events, including five Super Bowls, the 1994 FIFA World Cup Final, and numerous concerts and other sporting events.
The Rose Bowl Stadium was built in 1922 and has a seating capacity of over 90,000. It underwent a major renovation in the 2010s, which added new amenities and modernized many of the facilities while preserving the stadium’s historic character. The stadium is surrounded by the picturesque Arroyo Seco, and visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities in the nearby parks and trails.
In addition to football games and other events, the Rose Bowl Stadium is also used as a filming location for movies and TV shows. It has appeared in a number of films, including “The Graduate” and “The Amazing Spider-Man,” as well as TV shows like “The West Wing” and “Parks and Recreation.”
The Rose Bowl Stadium is a beloved landmark in Southern California and an important part of the region’s sports and entertainment culture.
Rose Bowl Stadium History
The Rose Bowl Stadium Pasadena has a rich and fascinating history that dates back to the early 20th century. Here are some of the key events and milestones in the stadium’s history:
- The stadium was built in 1922 as part of an effort to promote Pasadena as a destination for winter sports and tourism. The first game played at the stadium was a college football matchup between the University of California, Berkeley and the University of Southern California (USC).
- In 1923, the stadium hosted the first-ever Rose Bowl Game, which pitted USC against Penn State University. The game was a huge success, and it quickly became an annual tradition. Today, the Rose Bowl Game is one of the most prestigious and well-known college football games in the country.
- The stadium underwent several renovations and expansions over the years, including the addition of a press box in the 1920s, the installation of lights in the 1940s, and the construction of new seating areas and luxury boxes in the 1970s and 1980s.
- The Rose Bowl Stadium has hosted many other major events in addition to football games. These include the 1932 and 1984 Summer Olympics, five Super Bowls, the 1994 FIFA World Cup Final, and a variety of concerts, festivals, and other sporting events.
- The stadium has also been a popular filming location for movies and TV shows. Some of the most famous films shot at the Rose Bowl Stadium include “The Graduate,” “Legally Blonde,” and “Transformers.”
- In recent years, the stadium has undergone a major renovation project to modernize its facilities and improve the fan experience. The renovation, which began in 2011, included the addition of new seating areas, a new scoreboard, and upgraded concessions and restroom facilities.
Today, the Rose Bowl Stadium is an iconic Southern California landmark and a beloved destination for sports fans and visitors from around the world.
Rose Bowl Stadium Seating Plan 2023
The Rose Bowl Stadium Seating Chart Pasadena offers a variety of seating options for fans with the seating capacity of over 90,000. Here is a breakdown of the different sections and seating areas in the stadium:
- The Lower Bowl: The lower bowl of the stadium is divided into four main sections: A, B, C, and D. These sections are located closest to the field and offer great views of the action. Sections A and B are located on the north side of the stadium, while sections C and D are on the south side.
- The Upper Bowl: The upper bowl of the stadium is divided into six main sections: 1-6. These sections are located higher up in the stadium and offer panoramic views of the field and the surrounding mountains. Sections 1 and 2 are located on the east side of the stadium, while sections 3-6 are on the west side.
- Premium Seating: The Rose Bowl Stadium also offers a variety of premium seating options for fans who want to enjoy a more luxurious experience. These include suites, loge boxes, and club seats, which offer amenities such as comfortable seating, private restrooms, and premium food and beverage options.
- General Admission: For fans who prefer a more budget-friendly option, the stadium also offers general admission seating in various areas of the stadium. These seats are typically located in the upper bowl and offer a more affordable way to experience the game.
The Rose Bowl Stadium offers a wide range of seating options to accommodate fans with different budgets and preferences. Whether you’re looking for a premium experience or a more affordable option, there’s a seat in the Rose Bowl Stadium that’s perfect for you.
Rose Bowl Stadium Ticket Price
Rose Bowl Ticket prices for events can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the event itself, the location of the seats, and the demand for tickets. However, here is a general price range for tickets at the Rose Bowl Stadium:
- For the annual Rose Bowl Game, ticket prices typically start around $150-$200 for general admission seating in the upper bowl, and can go up to several thousand dollars for premium seating options.
- For other football games and sporting events, ticket prices can range from around $30-$50 for general admission seating in the upper bowl, to several hundred dollars for premium seats.
- For concerts and other non-sporting events, ticket prices can vary widely depending on the performer and the demand for tickets. Prices typically start around $50-$100 for general admission seating, and can go up to several hundred dollars for premium seats.
It’s important to note that these are general price ranges and actual ticket prices can vary widely depending on the event and the specific seats you are looking for. It’s always a good idea to check with the official ticket seller for the event you are interested in to get the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Rose Bowl Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
The Rose Bowl ticket booking procedure for events can vary depending on the event and the ticket seller. Here are some general steps to follow when booking tickets for an event at the Rose Bowl Stadium:
- Determine the event and date you want to attend: Check the Rose Bowl Stadium website or the website of the event you want to attend to find out the date, time, and location of the event.
- Choose your seating preference: Decide whether you want to sit in the lower bowl, upper bowl, or premium seating areas. You can also choose between general admission seating or reserved seating.
- Check ticket availability: Visit the official ticket seller’s website or call their customer service number to check the availability of tickets for the event and seating area you are interested in. It’s always a good idea to check availability early, as popular events can sell out quickly.
- Select your seats and purchase tickets: Once you have found tickets that meet your preferences and are available, select your seats and follow the prompts to complete your purchase. You may need to create an account with the ticket seller or enter your personal and payment information.
- Receive and confirm your tickets: After completing your purchase, you will receive an email or confirmation page with your ticket information. Be sure to double-check the details of your purchase to ensure that the event, date, time, and seat location are correct.
- Attend the event: On the day of the event, bring your ticket(s) to the Rose Bowl Stadium and follow the instructions provided by event staff to find your seat and enjoy the event.
Keep in mind that the specific ticket booking procedure may vary depending on the event and the ticket seller. It’s always a good idea to read the terms and conditions of your ticket purchase and check any additional instructions or requirements provided by the ticket seller or event organizers.
Rose Bowl Stadium Parking Options
The Rose Bowl Stadium offers several parking options for fans attending events, including:
- General Parking: The stadium offers general parking in lots surrounding the stadium. These lots are available on a first-come, first-served basis and typically cost around $40-$60 per vehicle.
- Preferred Parking: Preferred parking is available in lots closest to the stadium entrance. These spaces are also available on a first-come, first-served basis and typically cost around $80-$100 per vehicle.
- Bus and RV Parking: The stadium also offers parking options for buses and RVs. These parking areas are located in designated lots and typically cost around $400-$500 per vehicle.
- There are also several off-site parking options available, including shuttle services from nearby locations. These parking options may be less expensive than the on-site parking options, but be sure to check the distance and shuttle schedules before making your decision.
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi Drop-Off: If you plan to use a ride-sharing service, there are designated drop-off and pick-up locations for Uber, Lyft, and taxis near the stadium.
It’s important to note that parking can be limited during popular events, so it’s a good idea to arrive early or consider carpooling or using a ride-sharing service to avoid parking-related delays. Additionally, be sure to check the Rose Bowl Stadium website or the website of the event you are attending for the most up-to-date information on parking availability and pricing.
How to Reach Rose Bowl Stadium
The Rose Bowl Stadium is located in Pasadena, California, and can be reached by various modes of transportation. Here are some options for getting to the Rose Bowl Stadium:
- Driving: If you are driving to the stadium, you can use GPS or mapping software to navigate to the Rose Bowl Stadium address, which is 1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103. There are several parking options available on-site, but be aware that parking can be limited during popular events.
- Public Transit: The Metro Gold Line has a station in downtown Pasadena, which is approximately three miles from the Rose Bowl Stadium. You can take a bus or taxi from the station to the stadium. The Metro also offers a shuttle service from the Parsons parking lot to the stadium on event days.
- Ride-Sharing Services: You can use a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft to get to the Rose Bowl Stadium. There are designated drop-off and pick-up locations for these services near the stadium.
- Bicycle: The Rose Bowl Stadium offers bicycle parking areas for those who choose to bike to the stadium. There are also bike lanes and paths leading to the stadium from surrounding areas.
- Walking: If you are staying in a nearby hotel or Airbnb, it may be possible to walk to the stadium. Be aware that the walk may be long, and be sure to follow safe pedestrian routes.
When planning your transportation to the Rose Bowl Stadium, be sure to check the event website for any special transportation instructions or restrictions. Additionally, it’s always a good idea to plan ahead and leave plenty of time to get to the stadium, especially during popular events.
Rose Bowl Stadium Facilities
The Rose Bowl Stadium offers a variety of facilities and amenities for fans attending events. Here are some of the main facilities you can expect to find at the Rose Bowl Stadium:
- Seating: The Rose Bowl Stadium has seating for up to 90,888 people. The stadium features a variety of seating options, including stadium seats, bench seats, and club seats.
- Concessions: There are numerous concession stands located throughout the stadium offering a wide range of food and beverage options. You can find everything from hot dogs and hamburgers to gourmet sandwiches and craft beer.
- Restrooms: The Rose Bowl Stadium has multiple restrooms located throughout the stadium for the convenience of fans. Restrooms are accessible to all patrons and are equipped with baby-changing stations.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium offers complimentary Wi-Fi for guests to use during events.
- ATMs: There are several ATMs located throughout the stadium for your convenience.
- First Aid: The stadium has a first aid station located near Section 15 for medical emergencies.
- Accessibility: The Rose Bowl Stadium is ADA compliant and offers a variety of services and accommodations for guests with disabilities, including accessible seating, wheelchair assistance, and assistive listening devices.
- Merchandise: There are several merchandise stands located throughout the stadium where you can purchase official Rose Bowl Stadium gear and souvenirs.
It’s important to note that the specific facilities and amenities available may vary depending on the event you are attending. Be sure to check the Rose Bowl Stadium website or the website of the event you are attending for the most up-to-date information on facilities and amenities.