Stade Abbe Deschamps is a football stadium located in the city of Auxerre, France. It is the home stadium of the football club AJ Auxerre, which currently plays in the French Ligue 2. The stadium was inaugurated in 1994 and has a seating capacity of 19,032. It is named after the former president of AJ Auxerre, Abbé Deschamps, who played a key role in the development of the club in the 1960s and 1970s.
Stade Abbe Deschamps has hosted several high-profile matches, including UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup matches. It has also hosted several international matches featuring the French national team, as well as matches in the Rugby Top 14 league. The stadium has undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years, including the installation of new seating and lighting systems. In addition to football and rugby matches, Stade Abbe Deschamps has also hosted several music concerts and other cultural events.
Overall, Stade Abbe Deschamps is an important sports and cultural landmark in Auxerre, attracting thousands of visitors every year.
Stade Abbe Deschamps History
Stade Abbe Deschamps was inaugurated on August 31, 1994, replacing the club’s previous stadium, Stade Marc-Vivien Foé. The stadium was named after Abbé Deschamps, who was the club’s president for over 20 years and played a crucial role in its development during the 1960s and 1970s. The first match played at the new stadium was a friendly match between AJ Auxerre and the Brazilian club Vasco da Gama, which ended in a 2-2 draw. The stadium quickly became an important venue for the club, hosting several high-profile matches in the following years.
One of the most memorable matches played at Stade Abbe Deschamps was the UEFA Champions League quarter-final match between AJ Auxerre and AC Milan in 1996. Despite losing the match 2-1, AJ Auxerre went on to win the second leg 1-0 in Milan, securing a place in the semi-finals of the competition. In addition to football matches, Stade Abbe Deschamps has also hosted several rugby matches featuring the local team, Union Sportive Auxerre Rugby. The stadium has also been used for other cultural events, including music concerts and political rallies.
Over the years, the stadium has undergone several renovations and upgrades, including the installation of new seating and lighting systems. Today, it remains an important landmark in Auxerre, attracting thousands of visitors every year and serving as a source of pride for the local community.
Stade Abbe Deschamps Seating Plan 2023
Stade Abbe Deschamps has a seating capacity of 19,032 and offers several seating areas for visitors. Here is a brief overview of the seating plan at the stadium:
- Tribune Honneur: This is the main stand at the stadium, located on the west side of the pitch. It offers covered seating and VIP boxes, as well as facilities for the press and media.
- Tribune Est: Located on the east side of the pitch, this stand offers open-air seating and is reserved for home supporters.
- Tribune Nord: This stand is located behind the north goal and offers open-air seating for home supporters.
- Tribune Sud: This stand is located behind the south goal and offers open-air seating for away supporters.
- Corner sections: There are four corner sections at the stadium, which offer a mix of covered and open-air seating.
- Accessibility: Stade Abbe Deschamps has facilities for visitors with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible seating areas and elevators.
It’s important to note that the seating plan may vary depending on the event or competition taking place at the stadium. It’s advisable to check the official website of the event or AJ Auxerre for the most up-to-date information on the seating plan and ticket availability.
Stade Abbe Deschamps Seating Capacity
Stade Abbe Deschamps has a seating capacity of 19,032. The stadium has four stands, with the Tribune Honneur (main stand) located on the west side of the pitch, the Tribune Est (east stand) located on the opposite side, and the Tribune Nord and Tribune Sud located behind the north and south goals, respectively. In addition to these four stands, there are also four corner sections that offer a mix of covered and open-air seating. Overall, Stade Abbe Deschamps is a medium-sized stadium that provides a great atmosphere for football matches and other events.
How to Book Stade Abbe Deschamps Tickets
Tickets for AJ Auxerre matches at Stade Abbe Deschamps can be booked through the official website of the club, or through third-party ticketing platforms.
To book tickets through the official website of AJ Auxerre, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of AJ Auxerre.
- Click on the “Billetterie” (Ticketing) tab on the top menu.
- Select the match for which you want to book tickets.
- Choose your preferred seating area and ticket category.
- Enter the number of tickets you want to purchase and proceed to checkout.
- Enter your personal and payment details to complete the booking process.
You can also book tickets through third-party ticketing platforms such as Viagogo, Ticketmaster, or StubHub. These platforms may offer a wider range of ticket options and prices, but be sure to check the authenticity of the platform before making a purchase.
It’s important to note that ticket availability may vary depending on the popularity of the match and the seating area you choose. It’s advisable to book your tickets in advance to secure your preferred seating and avoid disappointment.
Stade Abbe Deschamps Tickets Price
The price of tickets for AJ Auxerre matches at Stade Abbe Deschamps may vary depending on the competition, seating area, and the popularity of the match. Generally, tickets for league matches are cheaper than those for cup matches or high-profile matches against rival teams.
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the prices for tickets for AJ Auxerre matches at Stade Abbe Deschamps ranged from €12 to €40 for adults, with discounts available for children, students, and seniors. VIP packages and boxes were also available for those who prefer a more luxurious matchday experience.
It’s important to note that prices are subject to change and may vary depending on the specific match and ticketing platform. It’s advisable to check the official website of AJ Auxerre or third-party ticketing platforms for the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Stade Abbe Deschamps Parking Lots Location Map
How to Reach Stade Abbe Deschamps
Stade Abbe Deschamps is located in the city of Auxerre, in the Burgundy region of France. Here are some of the ways to reach the stadium:
- By car: Stade Abbe Deschamps is located near the city center and is easily accessible by car. There are several parking lots near the stadium where visitors can park their vehicles.
- By public transport: The stadium is also accessible by public transport. Visitors can take the bus or train to the Auxerre train station, which is located about 2.5 km from the stadium. From there, it’s a 30-minute walk or a short taxi ride to the stadium.
- By taxi: Taxis are readily available in the city center and can take visitors directly to the stadium.
- By bike or on foot: Visitors who are staying in the city center can also reach the stadium by walking or biking. There are bike rental stations throughout the city, and the stadium is about a 30-minute walk from the city center.
It’s advisable to plan your journey in advance and check the latest public transport schedules to avoid any inconvenience.
Stade Abbe Deschamps Facilities
Stade Abbe Deschamps is a medium-sized stadium that provides a great atmosphere for football matches and other events. The stadium has four stands, with the Tribune Honneur (main stand) located on the west side of the pitch, the Tribune Est (east stand) located on the opposite side, and the Tribune Nord and Tribune Sud located behind the north and south goals, respectively.
In addition to the seating areas, Stade Abbe Deschamps also offers several facilities for visitors, including:
- VIP Boxes: There are several VIP boxes located on the main stand that offer a luxurious matchday experience, including catering and exclusive access to a private lounge.
- Concessions: There are several concessions located throughout the stadium that offer a range of food and drinks, including hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, and soft drinks.
- Merchandise: There are several merchandise stands located around the stadium where visitors can purchase official AJ Auxerre merchandise, including jerseys, scarves, and hats.
- Accessibility: The stadium is accessible to visitors with disabilities, with designated seating areas and facilities for wheelchair users.
- Wifi: There is free wifi available throughout the stadium for visitors.
Overall, Stade Abbe Deschamps provides a comfortable and enjoyable matchday experience for visitors, with a range of facilities to cater to their needs.