Stade du Hainaut is a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Valenciennes in northern France. It is primarily used for football matches and serves as the home stadium of the local football club, Valenciennes FC. The stadium was opened in 2011 and has a seating capacity of 25,000 spectators. It was designed by the architect Pierre Ferret and features a modern and futuristic design, with a transparent roof and a striking lighting system.
In addition to football matches, Stade du Hainaut has also hosted other sporting events such as rugby matches and concerts. The stadium has also been used as a venue for events related to the 2016 UEFA Euro football tournament, which was held in France. Overall, Stade du Hainaut is considered to be one of the most modern and impressive sports venues in France, and it has played an important role in promoting football and sports in the Valenciennes region.
Stade du Hainaut History
The construction of Stade du Hainaut was approved in 2007, with the aim of replacing the old Stade Nungesser, which had become outdated and no longer met modern standards for sports venues. The new stadium was built on the outskirts of Valenciennes, on a site that had previously been used for industrial purposes. Construction of the stadium began in 2009 and was completed in July 2011, at a cost of around €75 million. The project was funded by the city of Valenciennes, the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region, and the French government.
The first match at Stade du Hainaut was played on August 31, 2011, between Valenciennes FC and Paris Saint-Germain. The stadium quickly became a popular venue for football matches, with its modern facilities and excellent acoustics. Over the years, Stade du Hainaut has also hosted other major sporting events, including rugby matches and the 2016 UEFA Euro football tournament. The stadium has also been used for cultural events, such as concerts and festivals.
Today, Stade du Hainaut remains an important part of the Valenciennes community, and it continues to be one of the most popular and well-regarded sports venues in France.
Stade du Hainaut Seating Plan 2023
The Stade du Hainaut seating plan consists of four stands, with the main stand (Tribune Principale) located on the west side of the stadium. Here are the details of each stand:
- Tribune Principale (Main Stand): Located on the west side of the stadium, this stand has three tiers and houses the VIP boxes, media facilities, and the club’s offices. The first tier is closest to the pitch and has seating for VIPs and other special guests. The second tier is for regular fans and has the best views of the pitch. The third tier is the upper tier and has seats for the media.
- Tribune Nord (North Stand): Located behind one of the goals, this stand is usually reserved for home fans. It has two tiers and can accommodate around 6,500 spectators.
- Tribune Sud (South Stand): Located behind the other goal, this stand is usually reserved for away fans. It has two tiers and can accommodate around 4,500 spectators.
- Tribune Est (East Stand): Located on the east side of the stadium, this stand has two tiers and is usually reserved for regular fans. It can accommodate around 8,500 spectators.
Overall, Stade du Hainaut has a seating capacity of around 25,000 spectators.
Stade du Hainaut Seating Capacity
The Stade du Hainaut has a seating capacity of approximately 25,000 spectators. The seating plan consists of four stands, with the main stand located on the west side of the stadium and the other three stands located behind each goal and on the east side of the stadium.
The seating capacity may vary depending on the type of event being held at the stadium. For example, for concerts and other non-sporting events, the seating capacity may be adjusted to accommodate a different set-up or stage configuration. Nonetheless, for football matches, the stadium has a standard capacity of around 25,000 seats.
How to Book Stade du Hainaut Tickets
To book Stade du Hainaut tickets, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Valenciennes FC or the ticketing website of the event or competition being held at the stadium.
- Look for the section that says “Tickets” or “Billetterie” and click on it.
- Select the match or event you want to attend, and choose your preferred seating area and ticket type.
- Follow the instructions to complete your booking, including providing your personal and payment details.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email or ticket that you will need to bring with you to the stadium on the day of the event.
Alternatively, you can also buy Stade du Hainaut tickets in person at the stadium box office or at designated ticket outlets in the Valenciennes area. However, it’s advisable to check the availability of tickets in advance, especially for popular matches and events, as they may sell out quickly.
Stade du Hainaut Tickets Price
The price of Stade du Hainaut tickets can vary depending on the type of event, the seating area, and the level of demand. Generally, tickets for Valenciennes FC home matches are more affordable than tickets for major international events or competitions.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the average price of a ticket for a Valenciennes FC home match at Stade du Hainaut ranged from around €10 to €30, depending on the seating area and the opponent. For major international events such as the UEFA Euro tournament, ticket prices were significantly higher, with some tickets costing several hundred euros.
However, it’s important to note that ticket prices can fluctuate depending on a variety of factors, such as the level of demand, the performance of the team, and other external factors. It’s advisable to check the official website of the event or competition, or the Valenciennes FC website, for the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and availability.
Stade du Hainaut Parking Map
Stade du Hainaut has several parking options available for visitors. Here are some of the parking options:
- On-site parking: The stadium has a large on-site parking area for visitors. The parking area is located near the stadium, and it has a capacity of around 2,000 vehicles.
- Off-site parking: There are also several off-site parking areas available, which are located within walking distance of the stadium. Some of the off-site parking options include the Valenciennes train station car park, the parking lot at the Parc des Sports, and the parking lot at the Centre Commercial Place d’Armes.
- Public transport: Another option is to use public transport to get to the stadium. Stade du Hainaut is well-connected to the public transport network, with several bus and tram routes that stop near the stadium.
It’s important to note that parking options and availability may vary depending on the type of event and the level of demand. It’s advisable to check the official website of the event or competition, or the Valenciennes FC website, for the most up-to-date information on parking options and availability
How to Reach Stade du Hainaut
There are several ways to reach Stade du Hainaut, depending on your location and mode of transportation. Here are some of the most common options:
- By car: If you’re traveling by car, Stade du Hainaut is easily accessible from the A2 motorway, which connects Valenciennes to major cities such as Lille, Brussels, and Paris. The stadium is located in the west of Valenciennes, and it’s well-signposted from the A2 motorway.
- By train: Valenciennes has a train station, which is located in the city center and is served by several regional and national train services. From the train station, you can take a bus or a tram to reach the stadium. The journey takes around 15-20 minutes.
- By bus or tram: Stade du Hainaut is served by several bus and tram routes, which stop near the stadium. The closest tram stop is “Stade du Hainaut,” which is located on Line 2. There are also several bus routes that stop near the stadium, including Bus 2, Bus 10, Bus 11, Bus 101, and Bus 103.
- By taxi or rideshare: If you prefer a more direct and convenient option, you can also take a taxi or a rideshare service such as Uber or Lyft to reach the stadium. There are several taxi ranks located throughout Valenciennes, and rideshare services are widely available.
It’s advisable to check the official website of the event or competition, or the Valenciennes FC website, for the most up-to-date information on transport options and schedules.
Stade du Hainaut Facilities
Stade du Hainaut has a range of facilities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for visitors. Here are some of the main facilities available at the stadium:
- Seating areas: The stadium has a seating capacity of around 25,000 and offers various seating areas, including VIP boxes, covered stands, and open-air stands.
- Food and drink: Stade du Hainaut has several food and drink concessions throughout the stadium, offering a variety of snacks, drinks, and meals. There are also several restaurants and bars located within walking distance of the stadium.
- Toilets: The stadium has several toilet facilities located throughout the venue, including accessible toilets for visitors with disabilities.
- First aid: Stade du Hainaut has first aid facilities and trained staff available to assist visitors in case of any medical emergencies.
- Merchandise: Visitors can purchase official Valenciennes FC merchandise, such as jerseys, scarves, and other souvenirs, from the official club shop located within the stadium.
- Wi-Fi: The stadium offers free Wi-Fi for visitors, allowing them to stay connected and share their experiences on social media.
- Accessibility: Stade du Hainaut is designed to be accessible for visitors with disabilities, with wheelchair-accessible seating, ramps, and elevators available throughout the stadium.
It’s advisable to check the official website of the event or competition, or the Valenciennes FC website, for the most up-to-date information on facilities and services available at Stade du Hainaut.