Stade Saint-Symphorien is a multi-purpose stadium located in the city of Metz, France. It is the home stadium of FC Metz, a professional football club that currently competes in Ligue 1, the top division of French football. Here are some key facts about Stade Saint-Symphorien:
- The stadium was built in 1923 and has undergone several renovations and expansions over the years.
- It has a seating capacity of approximately 25,636 spectators for football matches.
- The stadium is named after Saint Symphorian, a Christian martyr who is the patron saint of Metz.
- In addition to football matches, Stade Saint-Symphorien has hosted a variety of other events over the years, including concerts and cultural festivals.
- The stadium has also been used as a training ground for the French national football team and has hosted several international matches over the years.
- Stade Saint-Symphorien is located near the center of Metz and is easily accessible by public transportation, including several bus lines and a nearby tramway stop.
- The stadium has several parking lots available for visitors, as well as bike racks for those who prefer to cycle to the stadium.
- Visitors to Stade Saint-Symphorien are advised to check the official website of FC Metz for the latest information on upcoming events, ticket prices, and any special instructions or restrictions related to COVID-19.
Stade Saint-Symphorien History
Stade Saint-Symphorien was built in 1923 to replace the old Velodrome stadium, which had become too small for the growing popularity of football in the city of Metz. The stadium was named after Saint Symphorian, the patron saint of Metz, and was inaugurated with a match between FC Metz and CA Paris on August 17, 1923. Over the years, Stade Saint-Symphorien underwent several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of fans and meet modern standards. In the 1930s, a new main stand was added to the stadium, and in the 1950s, floodlights were installed for night games.
In the 1980s, the stadium underwent a major renovation that included the construction of new stands and the installation of new seating, bringing the capacity of the stadium to over 35,000 spectators. However, the stadium was later downsized to meet safety regulations, and the current seating capacity for football matches is approximately 25,636. Stade Saint-Symphorien has been the home stadium of FC Metz for over 90 years and has witnessed many memorable moments in the club’s history. It has also hosted several international matches, including games during the 1938 and 1998 World Cups, as well as several matches for the French national team.
In recent years, Stade Saint-Symphorien has undergone further renovations, including the installation of a new video screen and sound system. The stadium continues to be a beloved landmark in the city of Metz and a popular destination for football fans from around the world.
Stade Saint-Symphorien Seating Plan 2023
Stade Saint-Symphorien has a seating capacity of approximately 25,636 spectators for football matches. The stadium has four main stands, each with a different name:
- Tribune Est: This is the main stand of the stadium and is also known as the “Jean-Michel Larqué” stand. It is located on the east side of the stadium and has a capacity of approximately 5,900 seats. This stand includes the VIP boxes and the press area.
- Tribune Nord: This stand is located on the north side of the stadium and has a capacity of approximately 6,400 seats.
- Tribune Ouest: This stand is located on the west side of the stadium and has a capacity of approximately 6,400 seats.
- Tribune Sud: This stand is located on the south side of the stadium and has a capacity of approximately 6,200 seats.
In addition to the four main stands, there is also a standing section behind each goal, with a capacity of approximately 1,900 fans each. The standing sections are located in the north and south ends of the stadium.
The stadium is designed to offer a good view of the pitch from all angles, with no obstructed views. Visitors can consult the stadium seating plan on the official website of FC Metz to choose their preferred seats and purchase tickets.
Stade Saint-Symphorien Seating Capacity
Stade Saint-Symphorien is a football stadium located in Metz, France. The stadium has a seating capacity of 24,056 spectators.
How to Book Stade Saint-Symphorien Tickets
To book Stade Saint-Symphorien tickets, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of FC Metz (fcmetz.com).
- Click on the “Billetterie” (Ticketing) tab on the top menu bar.
- Choose the match you wish to attend from the list of upcoming games.
- Select the category of seats you prefer and the number of tickets you want to buy.
- Click on “Ajouter au panier” (Add to cart).
- Review your order and click on “Valider” (Confirm).
- Enter your personal and payment details, then click on “Payer” (Pay) to complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your ticket(s) attached.
Alternatively, you can also purchase Stade Saint-Symphorien tickets from authorized resellers or at the stadium’s ticket office on match day, subject to availability. However, it is recommended to book in advance to secure your desired seats and avoid disappointment.
Stade Saint-Symphorien Ticket Prices
Stade Saint-Symphorien ticket prices vary depending on the match and the category of seats you choose. Typically, the prices range from €10 to €70 for regular league games. Prices may be higher for more important matches, such as cup games or matches against high-profile opponents. VIP tickets and hospitality packages are also available at higher prices.
It is important to note that ticket prices may change from season to season and are subject to availability. It is recommended to check the official website of FC Metz or authorized resellers for the latest prices and availability before making a purchase.
Stade Saint-Symphorien Parking
Stade Saint-Symphorien has several parking options available for visitors:
- Stadium Parking: There is a large parking lot available at the stadium, which is accessible from Rue du Général Gaston-Dupuy. The parking lot has a capacity of approximately 1,000 vehicles and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost of parking varies depending on the match and can be paid in cash or by card.
- P+R Parking: The park-and-ride (P+R) facility at the Metz Technopole is also a convenient option for visitors. The P+R is located about 10 minutes away from the stadium and offers a free shuttle service to and from the stadium on match days. The cost of parking at the P+R is €2 for the entire day.
- Street Parking: Visitors can also park their vehicles on the streets around the stadium, subject to availability. However, parking on the street can be difficult to find on match days and may require a bit of walking to get to the stadium.
It is important to note that parking availability and pricing may vary depending on the match and is subject to change. It is recommended to check the official website of FC Metz or local parking authorities for the latest information before making a trip to the stadium.
How to Reach Stade Saint-Symphorien
Stade Saint-Symphorien is located in Metz, France, and can be easily reached by various means of transportation:
- By Car: Visitors can reach the stadium by car via the A4 motorway or the N431 road. The stadium has its own parking lot, which can be accessed from Rue du Général Gaston-Dupuy.
- By Public Transport: The stadium is well-connected by public transport. Visitors can take the Mettis bus line A or B to the “Stade Saint-Symphorien” stop, which is located right outside the stadium. The nearest train station is the Metz-Ville station, which is about 2.5 kilometers away from the stadium. From there, visitors can take the bus or a taxi to reach the stadium.
- By Bicycle: Metz has a bike-sharing system called VéloMet’, which allows visitors to rent bicycles to get around the city. There are several bike stations located near the stadium, which visitors can use to reach the stadium.
- By Foot: The stadium is located about 2.5 kilometers away from the city center, and visitors can reach it by foot if they prefer to walk.
It is recommended to plan your trip in advance and check the official website of FC Metz or local transport authorities for the latest information on schedules, routes, and fares.