Edgbaston Cricket Ground is a world-renowned cricket stadium located in Birmingham, England. It is one of the premier cricket venues in the country, and regularly hosts international matches, as well as domestic cricket competitions. The stadium was first established in 1882 and has since undergone several renovations and upgrades. It is currently owned by Warwickshire County Cricket Club.
The stadium has a seating capacity of around 25,000, making it one of the largest cricket grounds in the UK, and offers a range of facilities to visitors, including a variety of food and drink outlets, merchandise stores, and hospitality packages. There are also ample parking spaces and accessibility options for disabled visitors.
The Edgbaston Cricket Ground hosts a range of events throughout the year, including international cricket matches, domestic cricket competitions, music concerts, and other cultural events. The stadium has hosted several notable crickets matches over the years, including the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy final, the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup final, and several Ashes test matches. The stadium is set to undergo a major redevelopment in the coming years, which will include a new stand and improved facilities for visitors.
Edgbaston Cricket Ground History
The history of Edgbaston Cricket Ground dates back to 1882 when the ground was first established. The land was originally owned by the Calthorpe Estate and was leased to Warwickshire County Cricket Club for 99 years.
The ground was initially used for local cricket matches, but in 1902 it hosted its first international match when England played Australia in a test match. Over the years, Edgbaston has become one of the most prestigious cricket grounds in the world, known for its lively atmosphere and passionate fans.
In 1957, a new pavilion was built at Edgbaston, which included a bar and restaurant for spectators. In 1991, the ground underwent a major redevelopment, which saw the construction of a new stand, called the South Stand, which increased the ground’s capacity to over 21,000.
In recent years, Edgbaston has hosted a number of high-profile cricket matches, including the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy final and the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup final. It has also been a regular venue for Ashes test matches between England and Australia.
In 2019, Edgbaston was chosen as one of the venues for the ICC Cricket World Cup, which was hosted by England and Wales. The tournament saw ten teams compete in a round-robin format, followed by knockout matches, with England eventually winning the final at Lord’s.
Today, Edgbaston remains one of the most iconic cricket grounds in the world and continues to attract cricket fans from around the globe to its world-class facilities and exciting matches.
Edgbaston Cricket Ground Tickets Booking Procedure 2024
Always book Edgbaston Cricket tickets only from official sources. Cricket matches are played in this stadium and during the high-voltage matches, it is tough to get a confirmed seat in the stadium. You can also book Edgbaston stadium Ashes 2019 tickets easily by booking the official website and through Edgbaston stadium counters.
Edgbaston Cricket Ground Online Tickets 2024
Online tickets are the best way to secure your seats during cricket matches. These tickets are available through the official website and App. Edgbaston stadium Ashes online tickets are also available through the ICC cricket website and through some resellers. I am sharing some simple steps to book Edgbaston stadium tickets online.
- Log on to the official website and create an account with them if you are not a registered user.
Now look for the cricket matches tickets.
- On the booking page, look for the particulars like date, price, and available seats before clicking.
- All the seats of the stadium are listed on pages and you can select the seats as per the Edgbaston cricket ground seat layout.
- You can book the tickets from the seating map as per your budget from the available seats.
- Payments are required in the last after selecting the desired seats.
- After payment confirmation, tickets will be sent to your address or you might need to collect them from the box office or Edgbaston stadium counters.
- Always read the terms and conditions before making the booking for the Edgbaston cricket ground.
Birmingham Edgbaston Cricket Ground Stadium Ticket Price 2024
The ticket prices for Edgbaston Cricket Ground vary depending on the type of match, the seating area, and the demand for tickets. Here is some general information about ticket prices:
- International matches: The ticket prices for international matches at Edgbaston Cricket Ground can range from around £35 to £100 per ticket for general admission seating areas, while premium seating and hospitality packages can cost upwards of £250 per person.
- Domestic matches: The ticket prices for domestic matches, such as County Championship and T20 matches, are generally lower than for international matches, with prices ranging from around £15 to £50 per ticket for general admission seating areas.
- Group discounts: Edgbaston Cricket Ground offers discounts for group bookings, with savings available for groups of 10 or more people.
- Junior tickets: Discounted tickets are available for children and young people under the age of 16, with prices starting at around £5 for some matches.
It’s important to note that ticket prices can vary depending on the specific match and availability, so it’s always a good idea to check the official website of Edgbaston Cricket Ground or authorized ticketing agents for the most up-to-date information.
Edgbaston Stadium Seating Plan 2024
It is a big ground and during big matches, it is tough to locate your seat. Stadium seating capacity is around 25000 and during big matches, more people can be accommodated in the stadium. With the help of the Edgbaston cricket ground seat layout, it is easy to find seats. Edgbaston seating plan has many stands for spectators and the main stands are South Stand, West Stand, Priory Stand, Raglan Stand, Wyatt Stand, Stanley Barnes Stand, Eric Hollies Stand, etc. The press box and member area are also built in the stadium.
The seating plan at Edgbaston Cricket Ground is designed to offer a range of different viewing options for spectators, depending on their preferences and budget. Here is an overview of the different seating areas:
- Eric Hollies Stand: This is the largest stand at Edgbaston, and can accommodate up to 8,000 spectators. It offers a great view of the pitch and is often the most popular choice for fans looking for an exciting atmosphere.
- E.S. Wyatt Stand: This stand is located opposite the Eric Hollies Stand, and can seat up to 4,000 spectators. It offers a good view of the pitch and is a popular choice for families and groups.
- Priory Stand: This stand is located behind the bowler’s arm, and can seat up to 2,700 spectators. It offers an excellent view of the wicket and is a popular choice for serious cricket fans.
- South Stand: This stand is located behind the square leg boundary, and can seat up to 3,000 spectators. It offers a good view of the pitch and is often the most lively and vocal stand in the ground.
- Raglan Stand: This stand is located at the far end of the ground, and can seat up to 1,200 spectators. It offers a good view of the pitch and is a popular choice for spectators who prefer a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere.
- Executive Boxes and Hospitality: Edgbaston Cricket Ground also offers a range of executive boxes and hospitality packages, which provide a more luxurious and exclusive experience for spectators. These packages include access to private suites, premium seating, and food and drink options.
Edgbaston’s seating plan will help to locate the right seat in the stand. The stadium layout map depicts all stands of the stadium along with the pitch position, nearby roads, entry gates, etc for the help of their visitors.
I hope the above information will be useful to all the spectators who are planning to book Edgbaston cricket ground Ashes tickets. We do not deal with stadium tickets.
Edgbaston Cricket Ground Parking Options
Edgbaston Cricket Ground offers a limited number of on-site parking spaces, which can be pre-booked through the official website or authorized parking partners. However, due to the limited availability of on-site parking, it’s recommended to consider alternative transportation options.
Here are some parking options near Edgbaston Cricket Ground:
- Off-site parking: There are several off-site parking options available near Edgbaston Cricket Ground, including nearby car parks and residential streets. However, parking in residential areas may require a parking permit or have time restrictions, so it’s important to check the signage before parking.
- Public transportation: Edgbaston Cricket Ground is easily accessible via public transportation, with several bus and train routes running nearby. This can be a convenient and cost-effective way to travel to and from the ground.
- Park and ride: There are several park and ride options available in Birmingham, which allow you to park your car in a designated parking area and then take a shuttle bus or train to Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
It’s important to plan your parking options in advance, especially if you are attending a match with high demand, as parking spaces may fill up quickly. The official website of Edgbaston Cricket Ground or authorized parking partners should provide information on available parking options and pricing.
How to Reach Edgbaston Cricket Ground
Edgbaston Cricket Ground is located in the city of Birmingham, England. Here are some ways to reach the ground:
- By car: Edgbaston Cricket Ground is located just off the A38 Bristol Road and is easily accessible by car. There is limited on-site parking available, which can be pre-booked through the official website or authorized parking partners.
- By train: The nearest train station to Edgbaston Cricket Ground is Birmingham New Street Station, which is well-connected to other major cities in the UK. From there, you can take a taxi, bus, or train to the ground.
- By bus: Several bus routes run to Edgbaston Cricket Ground, with the closest bus stop being the Pershore Road / Edgbaston Cricket Ground stop. Bus routes that stop near the ground include the 45, X61, 63, 146, and 847.
- By bicycle: Edgbaston Cricket Ground is easily accessible by bicycle, with bike racks available on-site. There are several cycle routes that lead to the ground, and the city of Birmingham has a bike-sharing scheme called Brompton Bike Hire.
- By foot: If you are staying nearby, you can walk to Edgbaston Cricket Ground. It’s approximately a 30-minute walk from Birmingham city center.
It’s important to plan your journey in advance, especially if you are attending a match with high demand, as transportation options may become crowded. The official website of Edgbaston Cricket Ground or local transportation providers should provide information on available routes and schedules.
Edgbaston Cricket Ground Facilities
Edgbaston Cricket Ground is one of the premier cricket stadiums in the UK and offers a range of facilities for spectators and players. Here are some of the key facilities at the ground:
- Seating: Edgbaston Cricket Ground has a seating capacity of 25,000 and offers a range of seating options, including standard seats, executive boxes, and hospitality suites.
- Food and drink: There are several food and drink outlets located throughout the ground, offering a range of snacks, drinks, and hot meals. There are also several bars and hospitality areas where you can enjoy a drink before or after the match.
- Merchandise: The ground has several merchandise outlets where you can purchase official team merchandise, including shirts, hats, and souvenirs.
- Wi-Fi: Edgbaston Cricket Ground offers free Wi-Fi throughout the ground, allowing you to stay connected and share your matchday experience on social media.
- Accessibility: The ground has several accessibility features, including accessible seating, disabled toilets, and assistance for spectators with disabilities. There is also a hearing loop available for spectators with hearing impairments.
- Media facilities: Edgbaston Cricket Ground is equipped with state-of-the-art media facilities, including press rooms, broadcasting studios, and media offices.
- Practice facilities: The ground has several practice facilities, including indoor nets and outdoor training areas, which are used by teams and players for pre-match training.
- Parking: The ground offers a limited number of on-site parking spaces, which can be pre-booked through the official website or authorized parking partners.
It’s important to check the official website of Edgbaston Cricket Ground for more detailed information on the facilities available and any specific requirements or restrictions.