Jordan-Hare Stadium is a college football stadium located on the campus of Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. It is the home stadium of the Auburn Tigers football team and has a seating capacity of 87,451, making it the tenth-largest stadium in the NCAA. The stadium is named after Ralph “Shug” Jordan, who was Auburn’s football coach from 1951 to 1975, and Cliff Hare, a former president of Auburn University and member of the football team.The stadium first opened in 1939 and has undergone several renovations and expansions since then. The most recent renovation was completed in 2018 and included updates to the sound system, video boards, and Wi-Fi capabilities, as well as the addition of new premium seating areas.
Jordan-Hare Stadium has been the site of many memorable moments in college football history, including Auburn’s famous “Kick Six” game against Alabama in 2013, when Chris Davis returned a missed field goal 109 yards for a game-winning touchdown as time expired. The stadium has also hosted several other notable events, including the Super 6 high school football championship games and concerts by artists such as Kenny Chesney and Garth Brooks.
Jordan Hare Stadium History
Jordan-Hare Stadium has a rich history that dates back to its opening in 1939. Here are some of the key moments and events in the stadium’s history:
• Construction of the stadium began in 1937, and it was completed in time for the 1939 football season. The original capacity of the stadium was 7,290.
• The first game played in Jordan-Hare Stadium was on November 30, 1939, when Auburn defeated Florida 27-6.
• The stadium was named in honor of Ralph “Shug” Jordan, who was Auburn’s football coach from 1951 to 1975, and Cliff Hare, a former president of Auburn University and member of the football team.
• The stadium’s first major expansion occurred in 1960, when the capacity was increased to 43,000. Another expansion in 1974 brought the capacity to 61,261.
• Jordan-Hare Stadium has hosted many memorable games and events over the years, including the “Punt Bama Punt” game in 1972, when Auburn defeated Alabama 17-16 after blocking two punts and returning them for touchdowns.
• In 1987, a $10 million renovation project was completed, which included the addition of a new press box and luxury suites, as well as upgrades to the seating and parking areas.
• The most recent major renovation of the stadium was completed in 2018, which included updates to the sound system, video boards, and Wi-Fi capabilities, as well as the addition of new premium seating areas.
• Jordan-Hare Stadium has hosted many important football games, including several Iron Bowls between Auburn and Alabama, as well as the SEC Championship Game in 2004 and 2010.
• In addition to football games, the stadium has also hosted concerts, political rallies, and other events over the years.
Jordan Hare Stadium Seating Plan Auburn 2023
Jordan-Hare Stadium has a seating capacity of 87,451, making it one of the largest stadiums in college football. The stadium is divided into several seating sections, each with its own unique view of the field. Here is a breakdown of the seating plan at Jordan-Hare Stadium:
• North Upper Deck: Sections 51-56, 501-506
• North Lower Deck: Sections 37-50
• East Upper Deck: Sections 1-6, 101-106
• East Upper Middle Deck: Sections 7-14, 107-114
• East Lower Deck: Sections 15-36
• South Upper Deck: Sections 21-26, 201-206
• South Lower Deck: Sections 1-20
• West Upper Deck: Sections 57-62, 501-506
• West Upper Middle Deck: Sections 43-50, 507-514
• West Lower Deck: Sections 27-42, 515-530
The seating sections are further divided into rows and seats, with the row number and seat number indicating the location of each seat. The stadium also has several premium seating areas, including luxury suites, club seats, and loge boxes, which offer an enhanced game day experience for fans.
Jordan Hare Stadium Ticket Price List
The ticket prices for Jordan-Hare Stadium vary depending on the game and the seating section. Generally, tickets for conference games and rivalry matchups are more expensive than non-conference games. Premium seating areas like club seats and suites are also more expensive than general admission seating.
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the Auburn Athletics Department had not released ticket prices for the 2021 football season. However, here is an overview of the ticket prices for the 2019 football season, which can give you an idea of what to expect:
• Non-Conference Games: $50-$65 for general admission seating, $110-$135 for club seating, and $500-$1,500 for suites.
• Conference Games: $80-$95 for general admission seating, $135-$175 for club seating, and $500-$1,500 for suites.
• Rivalry Games (e.g. Alabama, Georgia): $150-$250 for general admission seating, $250-$350 for club seating, and $1,500-$3,000 for suites.
It’s important to note that ticket prices can fluctuate based on a variety of factors, including the team’s performance, the opponent, and the time of the game. Additionally, many fans purchase tickets through secondary markets like StubHub, where prices can be higher or lower than face value.
Jordan Hare Stadium Ticket Booking Procedure
To book a ticket for a game at Jordan Hare Stadium, you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the official website of Auburn Tigers Athletics: https://auburntigers.com/
2. Click on the “Tickets” tab in the top menu bar.
3. Select “Football” from the drop-down menu.
4. Find the game you want to attend and click on “Buy Tickets”.
5. Select the number of tickets you want to purchase and the seating section you prefer.
6. Review the ticket details and click on “Add to Cart”.
7. If you have an account, sign in. Otherwise, create a new account by providing the required information.
8. Enter your billing and payment information.
9. Review your order and click on “Submit Order”.
10. After your order is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket information.
Alternatively, you can also purchase tickets through the Auburn Athletics Ticket Office by phone or in person. Their contact information can be found on the official website.
Jordan Hare Stadium Parking
Jordan Hare Stadium has several parking options available for football games. Here are a few options:
• On-Campus Parking: Auburn University offers on-campus parking in several areas around Jordan Hare Stadium. These parking lots are available on a first-come, first-served basis and require a parking pass. You can purchase a parking pass through the Auburn Athletics Ticket Office or on the official website.
• Off-Campus Parking: There are several off-campus parking lots located within walking distance of Jordan Hare Stadium. These lots are typically run by private businesses and may charge a fee for parking.
• Shuttle Service: The City of Auburn provides a shuttle service from several locations around Auburn to Jordan Hare Stadium on game days. This service is free and provides a convenient way to avoid parking on campus.
It’s important to note that parking on game days can be challenging, especially for high-profile games. It’s recommended that you arrive early and plan ahead to ensure you find a parking spot.
How to Reach Jordan Hare Stadium
Jordan Hare Stadium is located on the campus of Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama. Here are a few ways to reach the stadium:
1. By Car: If you’re driving to the stadium, you can take Interstate 85 to exit 51 and follow the signs to Auburn University. Once on campus, follow the signs to Jordan Hare Stadium. There are several on-campus parking lots available for game day parking.
2. By Shuttle: The City of Auburn provides a free shuttle service from several locations around Auburn to Jordan Hare Stadium on game days. The shuttle is a convenient way to avoid traffic and parking on campus.
3. By Taxi or Ride Share: You can also take a taxi or ride share service to the stadium. There are several drop-off locations available on campus.
4. By Bus: The Auburn University Transit System provides bus service throughout campus and to the stadium on game days. This service is free and open to the public.
5. By Air: If you’re traveling from out of town, the closest airport to Auburn is the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, which is approximately 100 miles away. From there, you can rent a car or take a shuttle service to Auburn.
Jordan Hare Stadium Facilities
Jordan Hare Stadium is a state-of-the-art facility that offers a wide range of amenities to fans. Here are some of the facilities and services available at the stadium:
1. Seating: Jordan Hare Stadium can seat up to 87,451 fans, with a variety of seating options available, including club seats, suites, and general admission seats.
2. Concessions: There are several concession stands located throughout the stadium, offering a variety of food and drink options. You can find everything from hot dogs and hamburgers to pizza and barbecue.
3. Merchandise: There are several merchandise stands located throughout the stadium where you can purchase Auburn University and Auburn Athletics apparel and souvenirs.
4. Restrooms: There are restrooms located throughout the stadium, with several accessible options available.
5. ATMs: There are several ATMs located throughout the stadium, so you can easily access cash if needed.
6. Wi-Fi: Jordan Hare Stadium offers free Wi-Fi to fans, allowing you to stay connected and share your game day experience with friends and family.
7. First Aid: There are several first aid stations located throughout the stadium, staffed by medical professionals who can assist with any health concerns.
8. Accessibility: Jordan Hare Stadium is fully accessible, with wheelchair seating and other accommodations available for fans with disabilities.
Jordan Hare Stadium is a modern facility that provides fans with a comfortable and enjoyable game day experience.