Wellington Regional Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in Wellington, New Zealand. The Wellington Regional Stadium was renamed Sky Stadium on 01st January 2020 with the 6-year naming rights agreement. This stadium is used mostly for rugby games and is the home of various teams Hurricanes (Super Rugby), Wellington Lions (National Provincial Championship), Wellington Phoenix (A-League Men), and Wellington Phoenix Women (A-League Women). Previously this stadium was also known as Westpac Trust Stadium and Westpac Stadium. In this article, we are sharing the Sky Stadium seating map Wellington, the parking map, and ticket prices with ticket bookings.
The Wellington Regional Stadium is started to build on 12th March 1998 and opened its gate to the public on 3rd January 2000. The construction cost of this stadium is NZ$130 million and the Sky Stadium was designed by Warren and Mahoney Populous. Wellington Regional Stadium is owned and operated by Wellington Regional Stadium Trust.
Over the period this stadium hosted many games, championships, and concerts such as the 2008 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, the 2010 FIFA World Cup, National Rugby League, the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2015 Cricket World Cup, the 2011 Rugby World Cup, 2017 World Cup and event Edinburgh Military Tattoo, WWE SmackDown Road to Wrestle Mania 22 Tour, World Heavyweight Championship (WWE), Los Angeles Galaxy. Currently, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup matches are also going to play in this stadium.
Sky Stadium Wellington Seating Plan 2024
The Sky Stadium seating map 2024 is very easy to understand for visitors. Wellington Regional Stadium seating capacity is 34500 and the highest attendance recorded was 47260. The detailed seating chart of Sky Stadium is given below:
- East Stand: The East has both seating spaces which are covered and non-covered. This stand is divided into four parts i.e. lower, middle, upper, and premium east stand. The lower east stand is closest to the field, the middle east stand is located between the Lower and upper stand, and the upper east stand is the highest stand.
- West Stand: This stand is located on the west side of the stadium and also offers a covered and uncovered seating place. As well as East stand this stand is also divided into 04 levels i.e. lower, middle, upper, and premium.
- South Stand: This stand is located behind the goals and provides the best and most amazing view to visitors. This stand seating place has a mixed seating area. This stand is divided into 03 levels including the away supporter zone.
- North Stand: This stand is located behind the other side’s goals which provide a very cheerful atmosphere to the visitors. This stand also offers an amazing experience to the visitor.
- Westpac Members’ Stand: Sky Stadium has a dedicated space for visitors which is equipped with loads of amenities and hospitality.
- Clubs and Corporate Boxes: The exclusive boxes are located throughout the stadium with luxurious and amazing facilities.
Sky Stadium Information
|Wellington, New Zealand
|Wellington Regional Stadium Trust
|Wellington Regional Stadium Trust
|Hurricanes (Super Rugby),
Wellington Lions (National Provincial Championship),
Wellington Phoenix (A-League Men),
Wellington Phoenix Women (A-League Women)
Sky Stadium Ticket Prices 2024
Wellington stadium ticket prices are dependent on the games, seat location, and events. The ticket prices of Sky Stadium 2024 are currently very much in demand by visitors due to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. Ticket prices 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup are the most searched query nowadays.
The general ticket prices at Wellington Stadium start from $314 and more as per the seating location and the match. The ticket price for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup starts from $30 to $80 category-wise in this stadium. The ticket prices are categorized in three categories i.e., Category 1, Category 2, and Category 3.
Sky Stadium Ticket Booking 2024
The Wellington Stadium ticket booking is currently very high among the fans and visitors. As 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup ticket booking is available on the stadium’s official website. The Sky Stadium ticket booking 2024 can be done online and offline in both ways. Offline tickets are available at the stadium box office. Online tickets can be purchased through the stadium’s official website and some authorized sites also sell the tickets at some additional charges.
Sky Stadium Parking Map
On event and match day parking is very demanding. The Annual parking pass is also available for visitors. There are many parking spaces available at the Wellington stadium at reasonable prices. The Sky Stadium parking details are given below:
- Game or event day parking: Parking for a game or event day at Sky Stadium is located underneath the Fran Wilde Walkway with vehicle access off Waterloo Quay at the traffic lights opposite the entrance to Centre Port. This parking is available on a first-come and first-serve basis, Visitors can save the parking at Sky Stadium through advance booking also. Generally parking price for the event & concerts starts from $35, Bunning NPC starts from$20, and Exhibition from $10, these parking prices are flexible. Online parking booking closed prior to 01 hours of parking opening.
- Disabled Parking: Mostly on game day and events parking is reserved for the disabled visitor on the ground floor. To secure the disabled parking space at the stadium it is mandatory to book in one week advance prior to the game or event.
- Nearby Parking: Nearby car parking or street parking is available near the stadium and it is suggested to avoid the Thorndon/Wadestown residential area which is restricted for outsiders and available for residents only.